Important: Road Map for Email Client?

Is there any information available as far as the road map for the email client?

Specifically, all the email clients I’ve ever used (Gmail, Thunderbird, Outlook) there are typically three window panes. A folder list (inbox, inbox subfolders, sent, trash, spam, etc), and message list (datr, from, subject are the basic columns - sort by any of the three), and a preview pane displaying the actual message.

7.8x had these. As of 7.9.1 they no longer exist as far as I can tell which is startling. Makes going through emails very cumbersome. This may end up being the reason I’ll never be able to put 7.9.x into production, the email client is just too cumbersome.

So the question is, are there any more major changes to the email client planned any time soon (next 6 months) such as adding some of this typical functionality or has the interface layout been simplified for a specific reason and that’s how it’s going to be for the foreseeable future?

I would also like to see a road-map for the email client; it currently seems to have very very limited use and functionality.

There is no inbox, no email folders etc?

Email is the main method of communication for my clients, but i still have to use outlook to manage the inbox and process inbound emails.

It would be great to have a proper client inside the crm (such as zarafa) that can handle a large inbox and relate messages to projects/contacts etc.