import

I am planning to migrate from act to suitcrm - can I assume that if I ask the company who will do the export from act to format it as if it was going to be imported to sugarcrm, it will work? Or is there a difference between the formatting of data between sugarcrm and suitecrm?

Also, the demo site does not offer any possibilities to customise - can I assume that suitecrm can be customised in the same way as sugarcrm?

Best regards/JOHN

Hi John,

The studio tools within the admin panel are the same for SuiteCRM as they are in SugarCRM CE.

The data should be fine if you ask them to format the same way as SugarCRM CE - The only areas where there will be differences is if the modules are not found in CE but are found in SuiteCRM such as Quotes, Products etc. Any of this data would need to follow the SuiteCRM schema (As these are not the same as the modules found in SugarCRM Pro).

Dale

Hi Dale,
thanks for your reply.
would suitecrm be able to do the migration of the data from act?
and if yes, what would the cost be?
JOHN

Hi John,

If you fill out an enquiry form detailing what your requirements are (in this case a migration from act) then someone will be in touch to provide a quotation;

https://suitecrm.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=129

Dale