HTML Field not being displayed

Everybody’s too busy, it’s better if you go there and contribute!

We do need more people from the Community helping out with code, so you’re welcome.

Hello,

you wrote:

“and then remove overriding parameters of editor config from SugarFieldHtml:getEditViewSmarty”

How do I do this?

hi, sorry for late answer. If you need to display html field properly you can just make changes that i wrote in post #62151.

Hey thank your for your anwser, I tried it in 7.10.4 and something worked but I’m not sure if it is the expected result.

In the attachment you see the result i got. I looks like the Email-Template-Editor,

But that’s actually not the thing i was looking for. My problem is that my html-Fields to display e.g. Instructions to the user is showing the string value of the html, not the html itself. (also see github

On editview you will always have Email-Template-Editor(and source html editor). On detailview you will see that it displays html. Just check whether your field has html type

'instructions' => array(
	'name' => 'instructions',
	'vname' => 'LBL_INSTRUCTIONS',
	'type' => 'html',
	'comment' => '',
	'inline_edit' => false
),

and whether your custom/include/SugarFields/Fields/Html/DetailView.tpl file exist.

hello i do step by step this post in my suitecrm but i only see the code HTML no the HTML in style o well format

what i miss ?

i use suiteCRM Vs 7.11.1

Hey sugarmeister, I’ve followed your instructions and I now have an html field displaying with the email editor in the edit view and without it in the detail view.
However, any changes I make to the html in the edit view do not get saved. When I save the record, the detail view displays the original html of the field. Is it possible to make it so that changes get saved?