How to show Case Updates in Detail View

I am using version 7.12.5.

When view Cases in Detail View, There is no sub panel that shows Case Updates.
Is there a way to show them here? Is this the right place to show them?

I do have a custom view on Cases but have diffed the the detailviewdefs.php files and added this to the custom detailviewdefs.php file:

'LBL_AOP_CASE_UPDATES' => 
      array (
        0 => 
        array (
          0 => 
          array (
            'name' => 'aop_case_updates_threaded',
            'studio' => 'visible',
            'label' => 'LBL_AOP_CASE_UPDATES_THREADED',
          ),
        ),
      ),

But still no case updates are displayed.

Thanks

Tony

I still have his problem, was wandering if any one have an idea to this?

@pgr

Tony

There’s a lot of code there to make that feature work, I don’t think it will easily work on a custom view, whatever you mean by that.

Try customizing the existing view instead…

If not, you will have to do extensive work figuring out all the php and JavaScript pieces that are at work there…

@pgr,

First I tagged you because I felt you might have some in site, thanks for responding.

As far as the customization of Cases I mentioned, I added some panels and custom fields for the panels along with some JavaScript for the custom fields in the detailview and editview. Additionally I added an entry point so that some Ajax calls will work. Nothing more than that. I should not have said that I had a custom view.

As far as I know I have not made any custom view changes for Cases so that’s why I don’t know why the Case Updates section is not displaying. I thought all I needed to do was add the LBL_AOP_CASE_UPDATES section in the detailviewdefs.php to show them.

Showing the Case updates is important as our Customer Support team needs to know about past cases when pulling up a detail view of a customer.

So I am still reaching out for some advice.

Tony

The Cases Detail View already has a Case Updates Threaded included, what did you do to remove it?

Instead of thinking “how do I add it?” it’s probably better to think “I should undo what I did to remove it”. Don’t break what was there, and that way you won’t have any trouble with it.

Some of the pieces of the Case updates are more obvious, others are not. There are additional tables and beans, there’s a lot of logic hooks, there’s JS, custom PHP classes, TPL template… any of these things might break with a simple change in an identifier name.

Ok, thank you, I will go pull some source from production and do some diffing. It looks like my production box is working so I bet you are right I most likely messed something up. I’ll post what I find.

@pgr, Well yep, I should have asked what changed. At the end of the day it was a permissions issue on a file and I had made a change in Studio not realizing that I had moved that particular panel. To correct what I said earlier today, I have customized the Detail View as well as the Edit View so the files in custom/modules/Cases/metadata is where the problem was.

I was my own enemy here… That happens when you get pulled off of a project to go work on another project for 3 or 4 weeks and then return.

Again, Thanks for responding to my shout out to you.

Tony

1 Like