How to get custom module to show in All menu

I created and deployed a new module, but cannot get it to show in any menu.

Module Builder - created new package, created new Module (selected Basic and checked the Navigation Tab checkbox)
Went back to the package and clicked Deploy
went to Module Loader - and confirm it was installed
went to “Disply Modules and Subpanels” - it’s already listed in the “Displayed Modules” column
Did a quick repair and rebuild
New module still not showing anywhere on the top level menu.
On Home screen for Admin and users, am able to go to “Add Dashlet” and select it as a dashlet for Home screen.

How do I get it on the “All” menu?

(SuiteCRM Version 7.10.4)
Thanks for any help!

My custom module appeared in the All menu automatically, following your steps above.

Have you tried logging out and back in?
Have you confirmed the custom module file ownership/permissions are correct before doing a quick repair/rebuild?
What about role/security group permissions?
Any errors in the log?

1 Like

Thank you Simon for the suggestions. Turns out a while ago I had copied include/language/en_us.lang.php to custom/include/language/en_us.lang.php and made changes to it. I guess this was a bad idea - instead I should have just overridden values in that file in my custom file.

Anyway, when loading up the language files in return_application_language in utils.php, it was overriding $app_list_strings (including the newly created entry in custom/application/Ext/Language/en_us.lang.ext.php) with the $app_list_strings defined in custom/include/language/en_us.lang.php.

Problem solved! Thanks again for your help.

Hello Greg… I getting the same error, I think. I have overwritten some language files and from some point in time my custom modules just disappeared from the main menu. I have gone through all the settings that may be related to the issue with no success. Thank you very much in advance!