How to change module name

Hello,

Is it possible to change the name of a module as it appears in SuiteCRM? I thought I could do this by changing the en_us.lang.php file for the module and doing a quick repair and build but it does not seem to fully work. I was able to change the modules create new, view menu options and also the field names but the module name as it appears in the top navigation bar in SuiteCRM does not change. Any ideas where these are defined? I assumed it would of been these two:

‘LBL_MODULE_NAME’ => ‘New Module Name’,
‘LBL_MODULE_TITLE’ => ‘New Module Name: Home’

you mean, for example, changing ‘Accounts’ to ‘Companies’?

If so, you can do this in Admin control.

Just paste this after your instance name and it should take you right there.

/index.php?action=wizard&module=Studio&wizard=StudioWizard&option=RenameTabs

e.g…

crm.mycompany.com/index.php?action=wizard&module=Studio&wizard=StudioWizard&option=RenameTabs

Make the edit, save and the page will update - I only installed 2 hours and this was the first thing I went looking for!

Dominic

. log in as an Administrator
. go to Admin -> under the Developer Tools Section -> Rename Modules:

However (this is a personal opinion): I do not recommend to rename existing modules for various reasons:
. the name may be hardcoded somewhere in the standard code
. the name may be hardcoded somewhere in some of the plugins
. the name appears in other labels which contain the name inside (but not referring to the module name label)

This will create a lot of confusion and if you do it by hand it may not be upgrade safe, or new (long labels) may appear with the original name of the renamed module.

1 Like

strange, I just replied but it didn’t appear to send.

you mean for example, changing ‘accounts’ to ‘companies’? Yes it’s possible in admin control.

Just paste this after your instance name and it should take you right there…

index.php?action=wizard&module=Studio&wizard=StudioWizard&option=RenameTabs

e.g. crm.yourcompany.com/index.php?action=wizard&module=Studio&wizard=StudioWizard&option=RenameTabs

I only installed two hours ago and this was the first thing I went looking for!!

Dominic

Why didn’t I spot that in the Admin menu :expressionless: Thank you for pointing this out and I will consider very carefully your warnings.

How about manually modify the name using language file?

As you can see I was able to modify the name but some are still using account text instead of customers. I cannot use the module change name feature at the admin panel for some reason.