How about a custom css file?

There are some style changes (see below) I like in detail view which I put at the end of the style.css.

Each time I do an update, there is a new .css file so I have to again copy the code in.

Is there someplace I could put this stuff so it would not get wiped each update? Or maybe create a custom.css file and put a link to it in the html somewhere?

Thanks.

/Detail*********/
.detail tr td
{
font-weight: bold;
font-size: 14px;
}

/Edit*********/

input, select, textarea, button {
font-size: 14px;
}

/Links*********/

.other td a, .detail td a {
font-size: 16px;
}

/Edit Description Area Size*********/

textarea#description {
width: 70%;
height: 300px;
}

/**********Fix buttons on reading email *******************/
.action_buttons {
width: 450px;
}

Hi,

If you copy the file found at:
/themes/SuiteR/css/style.css

Create the folder location:
/custom/themes/SuiteR/css/

Then paste the copied file into the newly created folder so it will become:
/custom/themes/SuiteR/css/style.css

Then make your changes on this newly pasted file, run a Quick Repair & Rebuild in your CRM, Clear your Browser Cache and the changes should take effect and no longer be removed.

2 Likes

Will this work on the old Suite7 theme?

What I did was create a “custom.css” file in custom/themes/Suite7/css

custom/themes/Suite7/css/custom.css

with just my changes thinking that it would copy this in. But it doesn’t.

I will try what you have suggested and report back here.

Might I suggest that you put a link the html ‘header’ file (wherever that is) to a custom.css file (somewhere) and provide that file for people to put in overrides, etc, and make that file update proof.

Thanks. I’ll be back!

Hi,

I hadn’t tried it with the old Suite7 theme, but I imagine it will still work if the process is the same
(i.e, copy the file to /custom/themes/Suite7/css/style.css and then make your changes)

Hello,

Suite is looking for “style.css” - rename it…

Regards

I did exactly what you said to do… worked great… now I won’t have to do it each time I do an upgrade.

What is interesting is that Suite has theme css in lots of different places. It looks like doing a Quick Repair to put the style.css file in cache/[theme]/css, which makes no sense to me… unless it pulls from there to put it into the database (which would also make no sense.) Why the cache directory?

It would be very simple for the developers to create a file called custom.css and put a link in the .tpl file (or wherever Suite has it’s header HTML) to pull in an overrides…

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="cache/themes/Suite7/css/style.css <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="cache/themes/Suite7/css/custom.css <p>and why does it call in this:</p> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="cache/themes/Suite7/css/deprecated.css?v=TD_H7l-9zrxdpy4SI4D5Xg"

Why would you want to bring in a deprecated version?

=============
Here is the whole section… FYI

A.N.C.
NewMedia Create
http://www.NewMediaCreate.com

“Short (and affordable) websites
because on the web today… Less is More.”

Hello,

surprisingly, that’s never happened to me, especially as you do so in the Custom folder.

You could copy the entire theme and rename the copy of Suite7 -> Custom Theme. Nothing more should be overridden. Change Theme in Adminpanel.

So I’ll do it with my adjustments. After each upgrade you would have but still make sure that your theme still works in all areas, if there are core changes.

You need to go to /include/SugarTheme folder and edit the file SugarTheme.php.

Look for this function: public function getCSS

Add your file post the files already included like the one in blue color:

// include style.css file
$html = ’

';
$html .= ‘’;
$html .= ‘’;
$html .= ‘’;
$html .= ‘’;
[color=#000088]$html .= ‘’;[/color]

The highlighted text in blue is my custom file.

The other way around would have been to included your changes to style.css only, which I won’t recommend.