Help to get Bitnami SuiteCRM stack

Bitnami makes it easy to run web-app in the cloud, virtually or locally (VMware, VirtualBox) in mere minutes. In order for SuiteCRM to be added to the library, we need to generate some votes.

Please go to this page to help out : https://bitnami.com/stack/suitecrm

They track every release of the web-app and update their stack shortly after it’s released. If ever vulnerabilities or serious security issues are discovered, they provide new versions of app as soon as possible, often within hours of the availability of a fix. They package web-apps consistently every time so that the experience of deploying natively, as a virtual machine or hosting it in the cloud is nearly identical. The Bitnami web-app stack is distributed free under the Apache 2.0 license. They take care of compiling and configuring web-app and all of its dependencies (third-party libraries, runtime, and database) so it works out-of-the-box. It includes ready-to-run versions of Apache, MySQL and PHP.

Thanks for your help

Kirill

1 Like

Thank you for this. We’re now going to run a campaign and push for inclusion on Bitnami.

They make you register first before you can vote. Who knows what they do with the info. With security being what it is these days, I don’t like giving any personal data to anyone anymore unless absolutely necessary.

You can vote using Facebook, twitter, google+ and you can sign in with your github or facebook account, so you don’t need to sign up.

Although in saying that, I fully understand your security concerns and to vote is your choice.

OK. I didn’t know that. I’ll go back to the site and vote.

Done
Good luck

:huh: As I asked the exact same Bitnami question over 2 months ago, I just want to know why that never got a response as it fairly directly invalidates the benefit of using a forum to ask/for about anything product related. On the plus side, at least you’re doing it now.