Help, not sure what I need to do

Hello,
I have been looking for some sort of database for my games review site. I simply want to track the name of a game, who is working on it, the name of the pr company with email addresses. Who has contacted the company from ours and to be able to record data about the interactions we have such as emails etc.

I think I can do this with SuiteCRM. I am not sure how.

Here is an example of what I would like.

A contact list, with email addresses and a record of our interactions, the company they work for now and if they have worked for a company on our list before then to be able to see that.
A list of games which we can add information to like, expected release date, location (usually web addresses) of screenshots and other relevant information about the game. Those games on the list are in turn assignable to more than one person from the contact list. Ideally we can see from the game who is developing the game, a list of pr contacts when we click their name it takes us to their information and we can see if they have been emailed about the game and what the response is.
If I click the game I am given information about who the developers and pr contacts are plus a log of the emails sent from anyone from my site to them.
I would also like to be able to search for the name of the game, person, email etc and get a list from there.
I would also like to be able to track data like date they sent the review code, who it was sent to, when is a review to be written by and by whom.

So here is the rub. I am not sure if I can do this with SuiteCRM (what I mean is can SuiteCRM be customised to show only this information?) and can SuiteCRM be customised to show the contacts as contacts and not sales leads etc.

If not, can anyone suggest a software that more suits my needs. If it can would it be possible for someone to let me know where I can find documentation about how to do this?

Thank you so much for looking and any help is truly appreciated.
Matt

Yes this should be possible however some part will need customised. A good starting point is the wiki this will get you the basic knowledge to start customising the CRM: https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

1. A list of games which we can add information to like, expected release date, location (usually web addresses) of screenshots and other relevant information about the game - You could customise an out the box module or build your own
  2. Those games on the list are in turn assignable to more than one person from the contact list. - you can create a relationship from contacts and that module to have a subpanel showing the connection
  3. Ideally we can see from the game who is developing the game, a list of pr contacts when we click their name it takes us to their information and we can see if they have been emailed about the game and what the response is. - As above
  4. If I click the game I am given information about who the developers and pr contacts are plus a log of the emails sent from anyone from my site to them - History subpanel in the contacts/accounts
  5. I would also like to be able to search for the name of the game, person, email etc and get a list from there. - Global search and module search
  6. I would also like to be able to track data like date they sent the review code, who it was sent to, when is a review to be written by and by whom. - would some customisation in terms of fields and structure but should be possible

“show the contacts as contacts and not sales leads etc.” - Contacts and Leads are 2 different modules so you should be able to use it as you want.

Play around in the admin panel and you should be able to customise it to exactly how you want :slight_smile:

Hope this helps