Having now 7.5.3 with additional coding --like to upgrade to 7.6.4.0.- How to keep my coding for the new 7.6.4.0

Having now 7.5.3 with additional coding for some Modules --like to upgrade to 7.6.4.0.- How to keep my coding for the new 7.6.4.0

Let me know, and I am a happy man !

William

it depends on what you’re touched, if it all in custom/modules most are upgrade safe. But if you changed core stuff it won’t

best regards

I only changed some two/three custom modules and now I have download and :
installed the latest Bitnami Stack in C:\Bitnami\SuiteCRM 7.6.4.0 (without any data yet.)

I have in USB Drive a backup of the Bitnami 7.5.3

Overwrite it .???. by copying all the files from USB drive F:\SuiteCRM 7.5.3. overwrite to the C:\Bitnami\SuiteCRM 7.6.4.0…???..or how else to keep the new installation 7.6.4.0 ,but with my old Companies/Contacts/ and the changed coding from the old version.

Thanks MikeBeck for your help

William

No, you can’t update a Bitnami stack with another Bitnami stack, Bitnami doesn’t provide upgrade stacks, only “one click install” stacks. You need to follow the normal procedure to upgrade a SuiteCRM system, https://suitecrm.com/wiki/index.php/Upgrade it’s a little outdated but is easy to follow, please remember to do a backup before any process, after the upgrade check your customization.

best regards