Group views planned in the 7.10 roadmap

Hi,
could someone give more detail on the planned “group views” feature? I’ve read in the roadmap that “System Administrators can create and define layouts to appear by User Group and by Record Type.” But does it mean that e.g. Group A will be able to see all the columns in the Leads module, while Group B will see fewer columns?

Thanks in advance!

Based on what we have been told (and although still in development), it should be possible to do what you are describing.

Here is just MY interpretation of this capability, in two different examples:

1. Views for manager-level users (i.e. one group) might include all fields from a module, but lower-level staff (i.e. another group) might not have access to fields containing confidential information, in their view.

2. (When a view is tied to a record “type”) … if Account Type is “Commercial” versus “Individual”, different groups of fields may be activated. (At the moment, the way you would typically handle this in SuiteCRM is by creating panels or tabs to logically group fields together. You’d have one main panel/tab of the common fields (name, address, phone, etc.), plus a separate one for Commercial accounts and yet another, for Individual accounts).

In future, by being able to break things out into distinct detail and edit views, you both remove screen clutter and stop users from accessing restricted information.

2 Likes

Yes, that is my interpretation as well. This one feature will be my biggest help. Right now, I have a client running SuiteCRM but needs this type of functionality. I had to break a few things to get something working based on Role and manually specifying what fields each Role can see. That means upgrades are a bit of a pain. Once this feature is released, I will be a very happy consultant.

We are using the SECURITY SUITE ??? https://www.sugaroutfitters.com/addons/securitysuite

Because if you’re bitgger, you need to separate the data between users… Teams are only for group of data and what you can do this with data… view/edit/delete/export etc

Group will big step forward… but will compatibility between SECURITY SUITE and this new one ???

Other way… it maybe break the bussiness of paid product of sugaroutfitters… I am wrong ???

The feature is not out yet, so it’s not known how it would affect add-ons such as Security Suite.

As new features become intrinsic to SuiteCRM, it is only a natural progression that some existing add-ons will be rendered either less-necessary or redundant.

I would anticipate field-level security [by user or role] to appear in SuiteCRM at some point.