Google Apps integration OpenID

Hi!

I would like to use our Google Apps user admin and IDM features to integrate with SuiteCRM, to get SSO

So my question to the community, do SuiteCRM support OpenID integration? and if so how set-up this in a good manner, links to manuals or guides. pls

Second question relates to integration to mail, cal, and all other things in the Google Apps plattform, similar to the ones you get from the MS tech stack

— i got this response from a IDM expert: ------

if I understand correctly, you have identities in Google Apps that you want to use to authenticate to other web-based applications.

There are two main approaches to solving this problem:

1. If you want to use Google Apps as an OpenID identity provider, you would need to add OpenID login support to all of your applications (eg. WordPress, osTicket, SuiteCRM, etc.).

2. Another approach would be to set up a SAML identity provider. In this case, you would need to create a new identity store like OpenLDAP to store identities, and you would use SAML authentication for Google Apps as well as your other applications.

#1 is an easier approach, but it depends on OpenID integration being available for each of the apps. #2 is more complicated to implement, and small organizations typically outsource the SAML identity provider function to avoid having to build and maintain it.

You could try Google OAuth2: