Gmail settings and outbound emails problem.

Odd problem. When I configure email settings under the admin section for gmail use and enter all the correct information and click “Send Test Email” I receive the test email, no problem. When I click save to save the settings and try to use any of the sugarcrm outbound email functions they all fail, including the “Send Test Email” under Admin->Email settings that just previously worked. The error that’s always displayed is:
Error:The following From address failed: name@domain.com
SMTP server error: 5.5.1 Authentication Required. Learn more at 530 5.5.1 My client isn’t accepting my username and password - Gmail Help hm4sm3026812qab.2 - gsmtp

Now after this error if I enter my password again and click Send Test Email, everything works. I click save again in the Admin->Email Settings, and when I click Send Test email, I get the above authentication error again and any of the outbound email functions in SugarCRM fail as well.

Hi adr,

This is a known bug in SugarCRM/SuiteCRM.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi will ,

Thank you for your quick reply

so is there any solution for this kind of core changes ??

Hi there,

You should be able to send emails(once saving the settings) but if you try to send a test email again. Are emails working once you save the settings and send an email normally in the CRM?

Thanks,

Will.

Hi will

Yes its working in that way so it’f fine right ??

Thank you for your time and support

can you please help me out with this
???

call ajax function with specific action

Hi adr,

Yes it’s ok. If you need to change/edit the settings again, ensure you set the password again as otherwise it will be cleared out.

This is a known bug in SugarCRM/SuiteCRM that we aim to resolve.

Thanks,

Will.