Forwarding an email from external mail client

We’re on day 2 of our post Salesforce life. I think we have just about everything figured out with the exception of some reports, but we can build those manually. Only nagging thing is forwarding email.

Our sales team bcc’s suitecrm@domain.com from within their browser-based mail client. Those messages are properly attached to the appropriate contact…all good there. However, if they get a reply from said client, they want to forward that email so the client reply is also in Suite. I’ve tried forwarding the message to that same address (suitecrm@domain.com) but it doesn’t attach. Is there some way to do this short of copy the client reply and pasting in a note?

Thanks,
Tim

Hi. I confess I don’t know much about this part of the app, but since nobody is answering I’ll try.

Is this in any way related to Cases module? Are your emails getting linked to Cases?

Thanks for the reply!

I don’t have the ‘create case from email’ option enabled. I was just looking to get that email loaded under the history for that contact.

I hope you’re a developer :slight_smile:

Have a look here

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/modules/InboundEmail/InboundEmail.php#L3567

I’m really not sure how that works, I just searched for it. Also have a look at places that call that function, maybe that’s where you want to change the code. Good luck and please share your findings here when you get it working.

Unfortunately we don’t have any PHP expertise in house…we’re a Ruby shop. I think I know enough PHP though that I can take a run at this, might not be pretty though. Will give it a shot and post results here.