Fatal error: Smarty error: syntax error: unrecognized tag: $fields..val

plz help i get the error below after deploying a new module

Fatal error: Smarty error: [in cache/themes/SuiteR/modules/a5s5d_Account_Meters/DetailView.tpl line 683]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: $fields…value (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 446) in /var/sites/c/MYDOMAINNAME.COM/public_html/include/Smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1094

what do i need to do
Ive repaired relationships
quick repair and rebuild
reset permissions
disbaled ajax ui

Maybe try and grep your code for “$fields…value” (notice the double dot, I would say that is the problem) to try and find where that is coming from… did you do any customizations involving Smarty’s?

Or better, check this out:

https://community.sugarcrm.com/thread/20535

I don’t think that applies directly to SuiteCRM (I’m not sure we have that field_meta_data table) but at least it gives you a clue: a missing field definition will make Smarty build that string as a double-dot.

I hope that is enough to put you on the right track…

No customization’s to Smartys just created a new module in the builder and deployed - do you want me to remove the double dot and replace it with one?

Hey, I don’t really know anything about this, I’m just Googling things and thinking out loud as I go along : - )

If you remove the double-dot you should get a working system, if I’m not mistaken. This will last until the cache is refreshed (I don’t know if this is a matter of hours, weeks, or what).

To get a permanent solution you would need to find out which field (probably custom) is missing from the database, and how to correct that. It’s sort of half-defined - the system knows it exists, but then doesn’t find it where it should be.

If somebody knows more about this issue, please join the discussion…

hi,

thanks for your help i have resolved this now

i took out one dot and it is working

i removed one of the dots and it is now working thanks

Hello Oliver,
In which file you did changes?
I’m getting below error after upgrade
[15-Dec-2022 11:05:15 Asia/Kolkata] PHP Fatal error: Smarty error: [in custom/…/modules/ACLRoles/ACLRole.php line 3]: syntax error: unrecognized tag: die(‘Not A Valid Entry Point’); (Smarty_Compiler.class.php, line 440) in C:\inetpub\wwwroot…\vendor\smarty\smarty\libs\Smarty.class.php on line 1099

Unfortunately, I cannot say I remember but I would presume that your issue is different and it is quite bizarre how you are getting the “not a valid entrypoint” error. Considering this is after an upgrade, I would advise checking your file permissions and quick repairing.