Failed to Create Portal User

Upgraded from 7.0 to 7.0.1 due to some portal bugs from the previous version (the “create portal user” button was not visible in my previous install).

After upgrading I followed the setup instructions for the portal as posted on the site, after creating a contact and trying to create a portal user i keep getting a “failed to create portal user” error message. Any thoughts on what i am doing wrong? Thanks everyone!

Hi there,

Have you checked your error logs? Did your installation run without error?

Thanks,

Will.

My install ran without errors, nothing in the sugarcrm.log I found the following in the php error log:

[09-Nov-2013 16:08:22] PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_FUNCTION in JM/components/com_advancedopenportal/models/SugarCasesConnection.php on line 186

[09-Nov-2013 16:08:22] PHP Warning: file_get_contents(http://www.[mywebaddress].com/JM/index.php?option=com_advancedopenportal&task=create&sug=e7ec4f4b-2944-6168-b831-527e8710357b) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error in /SuiteCRM/custom/modules/Contacts/createPortalUser.php on line 35

I’m a newbie to all this, let me know if i need to be checking elsewhere. Thanks will-

Hi Felix,

Thanks for highlighting this. Do you know which version of PHP your server is running?

Thanks,

Will.

I’m on a shared host, currently running 5.2

Hi Felix,

Please see this article on stack overflow. This may be related to your issue due to your version of PHP. I cannot confirm that is the issue and will have to confirm this.

Thanks,

Will.

I’ll try clean install while running 5.3 and report back to see if this is the issue. Thanks-

Hi Felix,

Please also ensure that your set the following permissions on your SuiteCRM instance, if you have not done so already:

sudo chmod -R 755 .

sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

So that is 755 for main directory, 775 for specific folders that require more permissions to be granted.

Thanks,

Will.

UPDATE.

Performing clean install on server running PHP 5.3 allows me to create portal user without issues. Permissions were set as noted above by Will (same as in my previous install). I am now having an issue where clicking on ‘disable portal user’ I get a ‘Failed to disable portal user’ message. However, the back end of the Joomla portal shows the user was successfully disabled and the SuiteCRM ‘disable portal user’ button doesn’t change to ‘enable portal user’.

I am running Joomla 2.5.16 and installed the joomla 2.x AOP component. Any thoughts?

Hi Felix,

There is a portal update available for Joomla! on the downloads page. This should resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Will.

Hey Will, where is the Joomla! update located?

Hi nbouwsma,

The Joomla! portal components are available here.

Thanks,

Will.

1 Like

Are the Joomla Compontent Package files in the core or upgrade repositories? See screenshot for what I see available.

Hi nbouwsma,

The Joomla! components are downloadable on this page. You should be able to see these downloads.

Thanks,

Will.

1 Like

Yes now they are visible. Thanks,Will.

1 Like