Error message: Warning: Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSelectAccountButton ...

Environment: php 7.1
SuiteCRM: Version 7.10.1, Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)
Trigger of error message: Click on an account in the Recently viewed section of the sidebar
Error message: Warning: Declaration of SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSelectAccountButton::display(&$widget_data) should be compatible with SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSelectButton::display($widget_data, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false) occurred in /home/somewhere/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSelectAccountButton.php on line 64
Message is displayed in the Member organizations section of the form displaying the account.
Impact: Unknown. Presumably member organization functionality is not available
Notes: The account concerned is not related to any other organization. The same error occurs when the same form is displayed coming from other places, such as a list of accounts following a search.

In your server, go to this line

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/blob/master/include/generic/SugarWidgets/SugarWidgetSubPanelTopSelectButton.php#L79

and add a “&” after the opening parenthesis, so it looks like this:

function display(&$widget_data, $additionalFormFields = NULL, $nonbutton = false)

Then please come back here and tell me if it worked well, so I can fix this in the code for everybody. Thanks

Sorry, I gave you wrong instructions. Put it back the way it was, if you already changed it.

This is already fixed in 7.10.2, the best solution is to upgrade.

Unfortunately, I cannot upgrade to 7.10.2 because of an error occurring in the upgrade procedure.
Is there nonetheless a change that I could make manually to resolve this?

We can try to solve your problem upgrading, that would be best.

The commit you want is this one

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/commit/7558b566f421b64387b7344a9250456e90a4296c#diff-d9c3747c4ac1cc01d70951a06193813d

You don’t have to change all of that, you can change just the files mentioned in your error message.