Emails in 7.10.2

Not that i know of…

skype kaeser49

Sorry, i do not use Skype, but i created an online conversation:

https://join.skype.com/68HwVQWe9Rc6

Hi,

I was on this system.

They existing group email account did not show up even though set up correctly.
I installed a new user and a new group email account. I assigned the group email to the new user and after this, even the old group email showed up in existing users email client. This is a major pain that some configuration do not show up until by random a trigger is pulled but it is not clear when or under which circumstances. Best is to open new users and personal and group email accounts. Suddenly the Folders show up.
2)
He has the same Problem as I have with certain email accounts from the same provider. They do not show incoming emails. In my case I could assign another folder to the trash bin (in fact inbox again) and then the emails came in (were shown in the real inbox). What a solution….
3)
Changing email accounts as an admin means every time when an account opens we have to fill in the existing password from new. There is another bug with the savings of passwords.
4)
I mean we are all looking like marrons that we have to fumble around instead of setting up email accounts as in every client we know. We all lose so many hours it is unbelievable. There is no CRM if Email is not working smoothlessly. Every user and manager will not build up trust in a CRM system who cannot deliver or handle Emails the same as other clients do since 40 years.

I still hope, that somebody brings back the working functionality from 7.9.16 to 7.10.2 where emails worked better and with more control mechanismen (mini-logs).

Best,

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed feedback provided on this thread. it is really helpful.

There are several other Email bugfixes coming in v7.10.3 which should be imminent.

There is an important fix for Inbound email (blank inboxes) ready

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/5629

Note that this is not included in 7.10.3 yet. If anybody can help test it and provide feedback, that would be great.

you can check your email setting and save it