Email Template issue

Hi all,

Iā€™m running 7.9.0 and the email template function is broken. Is there any benefit to upgrade to 7.9.2? Or is it best to wait it out. I donā€™t think I have the programming skills to fix it at the code level. But I really need the email templates to work as it is an essential tool that I use frequently and it is a hardship not having it.

Interested in some guidance on this.

Aso, thanks to everyone who responded so far. Itā€™s appreciated.

Cheers
john

7.9.0 introduced a new Email module which turned out to need a lot more work than was initially expected. So weā€™re still waiting for a functional Email module, which seemed to be there in 7.9.3 (apart from a few glitches), but 7.9.3 had to be retracted due to an unrelated problem (broken international encodings).

So now weā€™re waiting for 7.9.4 which will come out as soon as that bug is fixed, maybe even today or tomorrow. My advice is to only retry any email related issue on 7.9.4, trying it on earlier versions is not worth it.

Good morning. I just upgraded to 7.9.4. When I tried to use the email template function I get the following:

Click on email address of contact: the compose email window opens.

Click on email selection arrow icon: email template search box opens

click on desired template: Undefined box opens.

click cancel: box closes email remains the same

click ok and the subject line is filled in that was part of the template. No body, no attachments.

click on trashcan icon on bottom of email: Same undefined dialog box appears.

click ok: back to contact page.

After I did this, I checked the log file. It was empty.

I was really hoping that this was going to work as I am in desperate need of sending out a campaign and really donā€™t want to have to do it manually.

If I am doing it incorrectly, kindly instruct me accordingly. If it is still broken, kindly advise if the fix is coming soon.

Thanks in advance for your attention to this and reading this post.

John

Hello. I feel your pain :frowning: . I posted on the issue page to encourage some more action.

If what you need is to send a campaign, I wonder if we could work around the bug by doing something like thisā€¦

1. starting the campaign
  2. filling out everything except the Template
  3. Going into the database to link the template directly
  4. coming back to the UI to finish everything

Maybe this is worth a try, though Iā€™m not sure itā€™s possible (or easy enough).

But this is a different scenario from what you describe above (sending an email to a single contact, through the compose window, not the campaign wizard).

1 Like

I think that solution may be too difficult for me with my limited knowledge of databases and html. Iā€™ll need to wait until it is fixed in the next release. Do you know if it is a priority?

Thanks

John

You can add your voice there on GitHub, that might help.

But what exactly is your problem with Campaigns? You only described a problem with composing a singular email for a contact.

I havenā€™t even tried the campaign yet. The use of the email template is still broken. That is my primary concern for now. I did not want to try the campaign until I could see that the use of templates(even in a single email) worked.

John

This is a small UI bug (by small I donā€™t mean unimportant, I mean itā€™s probably just a simple thing that fell out of place and needs to be fixed).

When using the campaigns you are using a different UI, so itā€™s well worth a try.

1 Like

Thanks PGR! Iā€™ll give it a go.

JM

Its still not fixed version 7.9.9

@darrenm, what is not fixed? There are so many different things on this thread.

I would prefer it if you search GitHub to see if your issue is already there

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues

If you canā€™t find it, then open a new Thread here on the Forums with more information about your system, errors in your logs, and steps to reproduce the problem. That way youā€™ll get much more effective help. Thanks!

PGR

I opened a new thread https://suitecrm.com/forum/installation-upgrade-help/17284-email-undefined-error#58006 but I still do not have a solution. After being helped by another user I have discovered that the error is in the Javascript of SuiteCRM as the ā€œUndefinedā€ error also shows when trying to repair the JS files.

Are you able to help? Go to the thread and have a read.