Email Settings

Thanky for your Response pgr

Issue A

I think, that in these days only a view Email providers will allow you to masquerade an Email address with another email address. It also does not support credibility if the email thread shows relay email accounts to customers. Maybe there are other experiences in other countries. So keep it simple and stupid. The Email client in suitecrm should first use the simple address and authentication method. I trust that you can send email with every provider using the email address and the provided login credentials and procedure. In a second step a suitecrm admin should be able to set up masquerades if the provider allows it but this should be a second step and marked with a checkbox. So that suitecrm and the admin knows exactly which information gets sent to the provider. Never should non admin users be able to override such delicate information. I also believe, that in suitecrm not all fields get updated in all windows and that it might happen, that one setup overrides another. At the beginning of the learning curve you bite in your tails as a cat does. That comes from the many possibilities to setup emails. Either as an admin or as an user. Checkboxes here and there.

The new built in smtp-log helps but why not to have a general log like the suitecrm log. The built in mini smtp log disappears after you close it.

I have not the time to go into the very deep details. I just expect that I´m able (as an very senior IT-Engineer) to setup an email address as I do it in Outlook, Thunderbird and other Email clients.
Ones more said: I believe that there was some progress from 7.9.9 to 7.9.14. This updates came on the fast line and it went better and better. I started around one month before.

Issue B

this is not an complaint. It´s more or less a help cry to make things easier to achieve. We use shared email accounts in our old crm. I could maybe set up them individually in suitecrm but I think, that in an crm the group emails help to organize the workload in groups and every user is informed what is going on in an email queue. Group emails make a lot of sense to me. The problem initially was, that on a fresh installation 9.14 they get not presented to the profiles of user unless you open a personal email account.

Conclusion
My first thread in this forum was that somebody should take responsibility to overthink the email module. The provided manuals help but they are on a high level. The complex email setup possibilities are not described. Maybe a step to step explanation for a beginner setup with one personal email account and one for an group account would help. All the stuff I read with security groups was not needed at all to make emailing from group accounts possible. I am happy at this stage and looking forward to the essential modules.

Best,

Werner

A post was split to a new topic: Where are “users may send as…” email options?