That is a debugging procedure for email, it should enable you to get to the bottom of this.
This is not happening to everybody… it seems to be just some very specific combination of circumstances. If you can find out and tell us what it is, there’s a better chance of getting it fixed… Thanks.
You said earlier that you could send from the “Test send email” button - can you try that again and see if my code runs, and you have extra messages in suitecrm.log?
About your error: there is a check that users can’t send from an account if it’s the system account (Admin / Outbound Email settings), or if it belongs to another user. Unless you can find that is really happening in your configuration, I would just give up and try deleting all accounts and starting a fresh configuration. There might be something misconfigured in your database.
Ok, so we know the code is working. Don’t worry about all those “FATAL” messages, I just made everything FATAL to make sure it shows in the log, even if people use low logging levels.
That information won’t get you very far (it worked). It’s really helpful to debug emails that aren’t sending… For some people it’s certificates, for others it’s DNS, for others it’s passwords, for others it’s From field mismatch, for others it’s SuiteCRM email bugs.
About your error: I would delete all email accounts from system (Admin / Email outbound), and from this user you’re trying to send from.
Then set them up again, system first, do the tests, and try to get the system to send by assigning a record to a user, that user should receive a system-sent email.
Once that is working, set up the user’s email, test, and try composing an email. Make sure it’s a different account from the system account.
You might save some work if you can go into the database via phpMyAdmin and check the email accounts tables there:
Ignore anything with DELETED=1, that’s old stuff, you can even delete those rows. Then just try to figure out if anything looks inconsistent…
So I went ahead and removed all the system emails from:
Admin -> Email outbound -> select all -> delete
then I created a new system account (with another email user and pass), tested that one works.
Then went back to the users settings:
Profile -> email einstellungen -> einstellungen -> e-mail-konten -> and there I see 2 entries for the “Outgoing SMTP Mail Servers”. One is the system one that I cand edit or delete. I’m guessing that could be the cause of the problem, as the email tries to send over the system account. The second one is the user email, but it seems the system always wants to send using the first one?
No, I only get that field as dropdown with only one option. But i went back to the options and found that if I click on the “edit icon” of the “Mail Accounts” sections of the persons E-Mail Konten tab, then I can change which outgoing server will be used.
Mind blown. It is working now (at least for this user), I guess I will have to make the same changes to the other users.
I never would have thought that the settings for the outgoing server would be under mail accounts, especially when there is a section for “Outgoing SMTP Mail Servers”.
In any case: a big thank you for taking your time and helping me solve this issue! :cheer: :cheer: B)
I wanted to edit the last post, but could not. Turns out some files ownership changed during the update and therefore could not be read. I’ve changed that back to the correct user and that partially solved. The second part that did it in the end was clearing the browser cache on the client.