Email folders problem

SugarCRM was upgraded to SuiteCRM (SugarCRM 6.5.6 -> SugarCRM 6.5.24 -> SuiteCRM 7.8.5)

I have a 3 email accounts. Each account was activated in email setup. (Email module -> Settings -> Mail Accounts). Settings was tested - all right.
But in email module, when I click on Check Mail button, I see only one account, sometimes 2, hardly ever 3.
What could be the problem?

Tested on two servers. Problem is the same :frowning:
First server configuration is:
Apache 2.4.27
PHP 7.0.22
MariaDB 10.1.26

Another server configuration is:
Apache 2.2.25
PHP 5.6.30
MariaDB 10.1.21

Maybe you can try checking your logs at the time of the failures?

Hi, pgr. No errors in the logs.
I have no idea… :frowning:

Maybe you can increase your log level a bit?

When you write “But in email module, when I click on Check Mail button, I see only one account, sometimes 2, hardly ever 3.” what exactly does this mean? Is is just random, if you keep refreshing the page, you get different results? Or is it in different days, or for different users?

Hi, pgr

"Is is just random, if you keep refreshing the page, you get different results? Or is it in different days, or for different users? "

Yes. I see difirent folders after refreshing. It happend for all users, who have more than one email accont (folder). Regardless of anything.
E.g.: I have a 3 accounts and accordingly 3 folders: 1. a@email.com, 2. b@email.com and 3. c@email.com. First time I see 3 folders (1,2,3).
After refreshing I got random results: maybe 1,2,3 maybe 1,2 or 1,3 or 2,3 or 1,2,3 …

Let’s I’ll show inthe pics. 1 pic before click Check email button. Second - after some click. The third - after some click again.

This is very, very strange. You should really have something in your logs, at least if you increase the logging to DEBUG level (in Admin / System Settings), you can try comparing the output when it works, and when it doesn’t.

But this is surely a bug and it’s getting difficult to understand it…

And make sure you check php_errors.log also, not just suitecrm.log.

Thank You for help. I’m sorry, you’re right. :oops:

If sugarcrm.log level is “Error”
09/21/17 11:50:20 [5596][1][FATAL] ERROR: rmdir_recursive(): argument cache/themes/SuiteP/modules is not a file or a dir.
09/21/17 11:50:20 [5596][1][FATAL] ERROR: rmdir_recursive(): argument cache/themes/SuiteR/modules is not a file or a dir.
09/21/17 11:50:20 [5596][1][FATAL] ERROR: rmdir_recursive(): argument cache/themes/Suite7/modules is not a file or a dir.
09/21/17 11:50:20 [5596][1][FATAL] ERROR: rmdir_recursive(): argument cache/themes/Sugar5/modules is not a file or a dir.

If sugarcrm.log level is “Fatal”
09/21/17 11:46:24 [5596][1][FATAL] ERROR: rmdir_recursive(): argument cache/themes/Sugar5/modules is not a file or a dir.

In php_errors.log
[11-Sep-2017 20:29:53 Europe/Berlin] PHP Notice: Undefined index: HTTP_HOST in C:\xampp\htdocs\index.php on line 7

And it’s all…

FATAL errors should always be fixed, because they break the flow of the program and anything an happen afterwards.

I suggest:

  1. Set correct ownership and permissions in config.php

'default_permissions' =>
array (
'dir_mode' => 1517,
'file_mode' => 420,
'user' => 'youruser', // you must replace <youruser> with the actual value
'group' => 'yourgroup', // you must replace <yourgroup> with the actual value
),
  1. Delete the cache/themes subfolder, it will get recreated.
  2. Quick Repair and Rebuild
  3. Check permissions, especially in cache/themes folder and subfolders

Try again and if there are errors, report them back here. When revising the logs, pay attention to the timestamp of each line. We are interested in errors at the time the Email screen is displayed.

All done. But Situation are the same :frowning:
The fatal error log:
09/21/17 13:45:56 [5596][1][FATAL] ERROR: rmdir_recursive(): argument cache/themes/SuiteP/modules is not a file or a dir.
09/21/17 13:45:56 [5596][1][FATAL] ERROR: rmdir_recursive(): argument cache/themes/Suite7/modules is not a file or a dir.
09/21/17 13:45:56 [5596][1][FATAL] ERROR: rmdir_recursive(): argument cache/themes/Sugar5/modules is not a file or a dir.

BUT! Errors appears when click “Save” button in System settings. No errors on “Check Mail” click.

one more thing…

to the index.php I added:
ini_set(‘display_errors’,1);
error_reporting(E_ALL);

Errors in the email module:
Strict Standards: Declaration of Email::create_new_list_query() should be compatible with SugarBean::create_new_list_query($order_by, $where, $filter = Array, $params = Array, $show_deleted = 0, $join_type = ‘’, $return_array = false, $parentbean = NULL, $singleSelect = false, $ifListForExport = false) in C:\xampp\htdocs\crm\modules\Emails\Email.php on line 3100

Strict Standards: Declaration of Email::retrieve() should be compatible with SugarBean::retrieve($id = -1, $encode = true, $deleted = true) in C:\xampp\htdocs\crm\modules\Emails\Email.php on line 3100

Strict Standards: Declaration of Email::create_export_query() should be compatible with SugarBean::create_export_query($order_by, $where) in C:\xampp\htdocs\crm\modules\Emails\Email.php on line 3100

Notice: Undefined index: LBL_GROUPTAB5_1413877085 in C:\xampp\htdocs\crm\include\GroupedTabs\GroupedTabStructure.php on line 111
Notice: Undefined index: LBL_GROUPTAB5_1413877085 in C:\xampp\htdocs\crm\include\GroupedTabs\GroupedTabStructure.php on line 126
Notice: Undefined index: LBL_GROUPTAB5_1413877085 in C:\xampp\htdocs\crm\include\GroupedTabs\GroupedTabStructure.php on line 126
Notice: Undefined index: LBL_GROUPTAB5_1413877085 in C:\xampp\htdocs\crm\include\GroupedTabs\GroupedTabStructure.php on line 139
SinertaCRM

Notice: Array to string conversion in C:\xampp\htdocs\crm\modules\Emails\EmailUI.php on line 449

NO ONE emails folder are shown.

I confess I am a bit lost in all this…