email contact search issue

I’ve this issue with email:

1. very very often the button indicated don’t works at first click, but I’ve to try several times
    https://pasteboard.co/GPv0QDF.png
  2. when I succeeded to click that button, opens the contact list and search, but if I try to search someone I’ve always
    https://pasteboard.co/GPv1qM5.png
    So I’ve to go to send email directly from its contact, but issue remain when I’ve to reply an email and add others contacts.

suitecrm 7.9.6

Please try the upgrade to the version released today (backup first) and tell us if anything has improved.

Same issue also with latest release!

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Can you please try a different browser and see if it makes any difference?

It happens also with chrome, and it happens every time press the search button on popup (within email module)

I can’t reproduce this problems, everything works fine for me.

Could it be a problem with a specific contacts, with an invalid email? Have you tried different contacts?

Also, check your logs for errors.

it happens with the whole pop-up, because if I don’t press any button show me always “email not valid” and I can’t select any contact

Don’t be afraid of the logs, that’s where the answers are… :slight_smile:

the only fatal error I found on the log is:
Thu Oct 19 15:42:12 2017 [23544][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone Europe/Berlin. Please set date.timezone=“Europe/Berlin” in php.ini!
I had tried to add in php.ini in suitecrm root, but nothing change.

Every FATAL error needs to be fixed, because PHP basically stops executing at that point, so you get random errors.

What is your server like? Shared hosting?

If you can use SSH you can search for all the php.ini’s in your system:

find / -name php.ini 2>/dev/null

You need to fix two of them, one for the web server, one for the CLI. Paste the results here and I’ll help you select.

I’m on shared hosting on 1and1 provider
I’ve no access to php.ini, but I can only create a new php.ini on the suitecrm root

You can check in Admin / Diagnostics, select only phpinfo, download it, and check what timezone is effective within SuiteCRM.

Ask for help from your hosting until you can get that right.

But if that is right, and you still have that FATAL error coming up in your log, then maybe it is your cron jobs that are throwing the error. Did you configure cron jobs, are they running? How did you configure them?

my php.ini is full of fatal error timezone
instead my php.ini say: Default timezone Europe/Berlin
my cron seems works well, I configure with

• cd /homepages/39/d616817840/htdocs/suitecrm/SuiteCRM; php -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1

If the errors are coming from the cron jobs (it’s a different php.ini setting), you could have one every minute.

Try changing the cron line to

* * * * * cd /homepages/39/d616817840/htdocs/suitecrm/SuiteCRM; php -d date.timezone="Europe/Berlin" -f cron.php > /dev/null 2>&1 

same behavior
my log is very full of
Thu Oct 19 17:21:22 2017 [19230][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone Europe/Berlin. Please set date.timezone=“Europe/Berlin” in php.ini!

Do you have those messages dated form AFTER the change to the cron command-line?

How regular are those messages? Every minute?

Do they stop if you stop using SuiteCRM, or do they continue?

If they’re regular, and continue without CRM use, they’re probably from cron.

If they happen only when the CRM is used, they should be form the app… but then you would have to ask your hosting about them, about why is your php.ini not taking effect (although it is taking effect, if your phpinfo in Admin / Diagnostics confirms it…).

1: yes
2: messages only with crm open and working
3: don’t regular, every some seconds or minute, often every some seconds

It looks as though the php.ini is not taking effect for some reason (did you check the Admin / Diagnostics?).

In this case, you should have an error for every request that gets sent to the server during SuiteCRM use (every visited page, etc.).

Try adding this to the beginning of your index.php on the root of your SuiteCRM install:

date_default_timezone_set('Europe/Berlin');

Place it right after the intiial <?php

same behavior
Thu Oct 19 17:54:17 2017 [40369][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone Europe/Berlin. Please set date.timezone=“Europe/Berlin” in php.ini!
every second

Well this is really weird and I am running out of ideas.

Maybe you can removing the cron jobs temporarily to make sure they’re not responsible.

And do you have any other PHP software running in your system?

I don’t know how it is possible to include that setting in the beginning of index.php and then having Admin / Diagnostics / phpinfo telling you the timezone isn’t set.

If all else fails, email your hosting and ask them for help.