Email Composer (TinyMCE)

Hi there:

I have recently installed SuiteCRM 7.11.13, and I like it. However, I have run into a snag that I am trying to solve: The email composer uses TinyMCE, and in the version that I am running I have not got features such as Lists - Bullet or Numeric. I would like to enable these features but have not been able to find information on how to do so. I would appreciate if someone could help.

Thanks.
-Michael

@mwmentor
If I understand you correctly. You should edit file: modules/Emails/include/ComposeView/EmailsComposeView.js, object: $.fn.EmailsComposeView.defaults

toolbar: ['fontselect | fontsizeselect | bold italic underline | styleselect'],

to:

toolbar: ['fontselect | fontsizeselect | bold italic underline | styleselect | bullist | numlist'],
4 Likes

@p.konetskiy
Thanks so much for your help. I have updated the file and ran a repair and rebuild but the changes are not showing yet… Please let me know if there is anything else that I need to do? I have included a snippet of my code below (sorry, I am not a developer :frowning: ) Thanks. -Michael

$.fn.EmailsComposeView.defaults = {
"tinyMceOptions": {
  skin_url: "themes/default/css",
  skin: "",
  plugins: "fullscreen",
  menubar: false,
  toolbar: ['fontselect | fontsizeselect | bold italic underline | styleselect | bullist | numlist'],
  formats: {
    bold: {inline: 'b'},
    italic: {inline: 'i'},
    underline: {inline: 'u'}
  },
  convert_urls:true,
  relative_urls:false,
  remove_script_host:false,
}

};
/

I have commented the old toolbar line using two slashes - “//”

1 Like

@p.konetskiy
Hi there: I ran ‘Repair JS files’, reloaded the page and it works!! Thanks so much for your help :slight_smile:
:trophy:

@mwmentor
You should only clean cache of your browser, because this file not included to minimizing or grouping lists.

@p.konetskiy
Yes, I discovered that :slight_smile: Thanks so much :slight_smile:

I know this is a year old post, but it is exactly the issue I am facing, but in the Campaign Email module.

When I did the above, it added the BulletList and NumList to the Toolbar in the Email module when I clicked Compose. Thank you!

I’d like the same edit when I’m in the Campaign module and am creating a Template or using a template to create an email to use in the Campaign.

I cannot find the equivalent file for Campaigns that you identified in Emails.

Any ideas?

This is for the template editor:

If I’m not mistaken, this is the same thing that gets invoked from within the Campaigns wizard.

I think you can create a copy of that file in custom dir and it will get picked up, but I haven’t verified.

@pgr @mwmentor

Thank you for replying and apologies for not acknowledging earlier; I did not get notification that there had been an entry in this post.

My question was about the Templates and Emails used in the Marketing Campaigns module. Is that how you read my question? I ask because this module has, in the title: … PDF …

I am not seeing the Bulleted List or the Numbered List buttons or Menu entries in the Campaigns Email / Template editor.

I am on SuiteCRM 7.11.19 on Debian 10 (not sure if that matters)

I edited the file at /var/www/html/{CRM_Directory}/modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/views/view.edit.php
(I figured I’d edit the real file first and if that worked, THEN add an upgrade-safe file at
/var/www/html/{CRM_Directory}/custom/modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/views/view.edit.php)

in the section:

tinyMCE.init({
              theme : "advanced",
              theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
              mode: "exact",
                      elements : "pdfheader,pdffooter",
                      custom_elements: "textblock",
             });

I changed

plugins : "advhr,insertdatetime,table,paste,searchreplace,directionality,style",

to

plugins : "advlist,lists, advhr,insertdatetime,table,paste,searchreplace,directionality,style",

and

theme_advanced_buttons1: "code,separator,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,separator,justifyleft,justifycenter

to

theme_advanced_buttons1: "code,separator,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,separator,bullist,numlist,justifyleft,justifycenter

I then cleared my browser cache and went to Marketing → Campaigns → View Email Templates
I clicked on a template and clicked Edit but the TinyMCE Editor did not show any buttons or menu entries for Bulleted Lists or Numbered Lists.

I then tried Repair → Quick Repair and Rebuild but no change.

Questions:

1. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong or what else needs editing / updating?

2. If we do get this working, and I want to create the upgrade-safe file in the custom folder at /var/www/html/{CRM_Directory}/custom/modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/views/view.edit.php , do I have to copy over the entire file or just that section of the file I am editing - ie the tinyMCE.init({ … }) section?)

I now have the TinyMCE editor working with added functionality in the Email Template editor, thanks to @pgr
See

for details

1 Like