Email Address field format unreadable

Hi,

Can anyone help, why is the email address text box rendering like this, I’ve got many users with the same issue and I have no idea how to fix it.

Thanks!

Exactly which version of SuiteCRM, and which screen is that?

Does it look the same in the live demo?

demo.suiteondemand.com (user:will, pass: will)

Hi, yes it renders exactly the same as the demo where the text is difficult to read.

Again, please say which SuiteCRM version you’re using, and on which screen you are on.

This renders fine on my system.

Can you try also on a different browser? You might have some font setting in the browser that causes this.

7.11.7 on the Client screen

I have users on both Windows, using Chrome, IE and Mac users on Safari & Chrome seeing the same thing.

Thanks

What is the “client” screen? Can you please tell me when you go to the demo, which module you select (contacts? Leads?) and which view you are on (Detail view, Edit view, List view)?

I had exactly the same problem but only with Safari on Mac.
I fixed that by overriding
line-height: 40px;
of
.email-address-input-group input[type=email].form-control

In my case, (SuiteCRM 7.10, SuiteP Dawn), I created
custom/themes/SuiteP/css/Dawn/style.css

with

.email-address-input-group input[type=email].form-control {
line-height: normal;
}

It would be very useful if custom/default/css/style.css were always included in the cached css

You’re quite right, this is a good idea. A way to customize all sub-themes at once.

Do you happen to know where in the code this is loading of the theme happens? I searched for a bit but couldn’t find it…

That’s in function getCSSURL of include/SugarTheme/SugarTheme.php.

custom/themes/default/style.css is only included for themes without sub-themes.

Yep, that looks like the place to do it.

I think it would probably be better to load something from

custom/themes/SuiteP/css/appended_styles.css

Since that directory should only apply to SuiteP, not to any theme. And the name style.css I believe is a little misleading. Normally you replace files in core with files in custom, in their entirety. Here they are appended.

What do you think?

@pqr
No, the filename should be style.css like for any custom css. Whatever custom css never replaces core css but appends to core css.
When I created custom/themes/SuiteP/css/Dawn/style.css, it was appended and that’s correct and conform with what happens with other themes.

When theme is not SuiteP, SuiteCRM appends (in that order and when file exists):
custom/themes/default/css/style.css
custom/themes/CURRENT_THEME/css/style.css
This is absolutely correct.

With SuiteP, I believe it should append (in that order and when file exists)
custom/themes/default/css/style.css
custom/themes/SuiteP/css/style.css
custom/themes/SuiteP/SUBTHEME/css/style.css
So that you can override css at any level

• Globally for all themes
  • Globally for SuiteP and all sub themes
  • Specifically for current sub theme.

Ok, I am convinced :cheer:

So… you want to create that PR? It doesn’t sound too difficult.