Dynamic DropDown inside Studio

Dear Jadeep Thanks !!!

I made Dynamic DropDowns as per attachment and working fine problem is when we use for quotation. invoce, etc then value with parentā€¦

It stores item name in db and fetches the same value in email templates / pdf etc. I need to bring display value of selected from dropdown instead of item name . How I can fix it .

More screen for the same

How did you manage to work with JJWDesign for Google Map Module?
(since it refers to drop down items instead of labels)

Iā€™m not familiar enough with building Logic Hooks to provide a way to access this file and pull the Display Label, but I believe these files would need to be referenced in some way to swap the Item Name for the Display Label.

Hopefully someone can provide additional insight from the coding standpoint.

Maybe this is the answer?
http://developer.sugarcrm.com/2012/12/04/get-the-display-value-of-a-dropdown-field-in-a-logic-hook/

$displayFieldValue = $GLOBALS[ā€˜app_list_stringsā€™][$bean->field_defs[$fieldname][ā€˜optionsā€™][$bean->$fieldname]];

But thereā€™s the need to create a logic_hook to update JJWDesign datasā€¦

Please explain with detail where need to change change

Is there a way to bulk populate the dropdown list items, instead of adding each one individually through the form?

Thanks,
Glenn

You could directly edit the $app_list_strings definitions for the drop down in the code.

It will probably be in one of the files in here: custom/Extension/application/Ext/Language/

Donā€™t know if it will be much faster though.

Can you create dynamic panels / tabs this way.
Iā€™m an insurance broker and Iā€™m looking for a soltion to implement an descent and complete insurance contractmanagement into SuiteCRM.
Contracts are based upon objects you insure.
These object vary from risk to risk an so need different fields.
f.e. a car as object has different properties from a person and so depending on the to be insured objects you need different fields.
So when I choose car I want to display different fields as when i choose person.
So can this be solved with dynamic fields ?

Hi!

I follow these steps but unfortunately its not working for me, I have attached screenshot of the Fields inside the Module and Items inside the DropDown list hoping for any help from you guys. What happens is, everytime I try to select an Item from the parent DropDown, the child Dynamic DropDown doesnā€™t show any items at all.

Thanks in advance!

Mikhail

Iā€™m not getting an actual dropdown list for Parent DropDown, instead itā€™s a text box. Has anyone else seen this before? I know I have a few permissions that arenā€™t set correctly b/c I am seeing undefined on some screens.

Hi,
Which suitecrm version you are using?

Regards:
Hemant

Hi,

I was able to resolve my problem by installing this Add-On. http://www.urdhva-tech.com/suitecrm/plugins/dynamic-dropdown

Hope this helps.

Mikhail

Hello,
i had followed your step as you mentioned in last comment and itā€™s work for me in Suitecrm 7.1.4 Max.
Check the attachments.

Regards:
Hemant

2 Likes

Anyone know how to create a blank record in this situation? I want the second drop down to default to a blank entry rather than the first entry

Thanks!

Iā€™m having trouble getting this to work. I set up three fields, a drop down and two dynamic drop downs (DDD). The 1st DDD refers to the top level field name ending _c, and the 2nd DDD refers to the first DDDā€™s field name ending _c. Like:
brand_c
series_dyn_c > parent is brand_c
models_dyn_c > parent is series_dyn_c

The 3rd level just wonā€™t work though. I have values like:
in brand_cā€™s list = Toshiba
in series_dyn_cā€™s list = Toshiba_TV
in models_dyn_cā€™s list = Toshiba_TV_4900

Iā€™m missing some tiny detail arenā€™t I ā€¦?

B) I got help from Urdhva Tech, and the problem with empty values is the permissions:

/suitecrm/custom/Extension/modules/ModuleBuilder/Ext/Language/en_us.UTDynamicEnum.php

so I just run: chmod -R 777 suitecrm from the web server rootā€¦ the dropdown data type in fields should say: Dynamic Dropdown(Urdhva Tech) this how you know the module is working OK>

very good support from Urdhva Tech! keep up the good work guys.

Benton (bentonpena my Skype ID)

HI Gopal, could you help me with my dynamic dropdown, is about Country and Stateā€¦
I canā€™t add that, i.e: Select France and show a list of Paris, Monaco etcā€¦ or Select USA and show Miami, Illinois, Oregon etc.

To quickly add DropDown and DynamicDropDown edit the file:
/custom/include/language/en_us.lang.php

Hello
This is the solution step by step

FIRST PART

1.) Create your dropdown list (Country_list), Add List items: (Colombia, Mexico)

2. In Studio, Navigate to ā€œAccounts" and add a field with data type ā€œDropdownā€
*Field Name (the_country) *Drop Down List (country_list)

3) Add another field to your Accounts module, but this time the data type needs to be ā€œDynamic Dropdownā€.

I hope the information has been useful
Greeting
Rafael.

3 Likes