Do not update to 7.10.1

I have been using Suite for the past several years… started when Sugar decided not to continue their Community Edition.

Never in all these years have I seen an update that almost completely hosed the installation.

Many of the buttons are totally broken… nothings happens when clicked.

I can’t Edit any record.

The left side-bar is still broken, showing “Base Implem” instead of “recently viewed.”

This is it for me. After years and years with this codebase… I’m shutting it down and moving on to a different system. Fortunately I have a CSV backup of my files and can import them into several different CRMs… the one I’m testing now is called EspoCRM. So far it is solidly stable.

Maybe if I can get my Suite fixed I’ll return, but this is so broken now I don’t know where to begin.

Again, do not update to 7.10.1 or you may suffer a fate similar (or worse) than mine.

Hi dev77,

Sorry to hear you are having such difficulties with 7.10.1. The “Base Implemented issue” is a minor fix that you can find here: https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/5411 and will be included in the next release. As for the broken buttons and inability to edit, that’s not something I can replicate locally from installing 7.9.x and upgrading to 7.10.1 or a fresh install of 7.10 (see demo): demo. User/pass= will. Are you getting any errors in the logs or the console? (Assuming you have tried the usual permissions, browser cache, repair and rebuild options).

I don’t know where the PHP log is but there is nothing of substance in the sugarcrm.log (you’d think they would have changed all the file names from ‘sugar’ to ‘suite’ by now!)

This has to be a javascript issue . When I run the Rebuild JS I get this:

Processing files. This may take several minutes. Going away from this page will not cancel the process, so feel free to move on or wait for confirmation...

but I never get a confirmation. It must hang somewhere, or abort.

Is there a nice, simple way to do a clean install of the system but keep the current DB? If not, I’m done here. I have a backup of Suite using the free espocrm.com system that is similar to Suite’s interface but with a more modern and less complex codebase.

Thanks.

Hi dev77,

There is no ‘restore’ option as standard inside SuiteCRM. You would simply restore the database with your database tool/command and point the CRM files/config to the restored db. (Just as an aside note, there should be both a sugar.crm log and a suitecrm.log, did you check permissions before running the JS rebuild?).

Thanks.

What do you mean by the above?

In theory I should be able to create a brand new MySQL database, Download Suite to a new directory. Do the install. And then change this part of the config.php to the values in the old config.php:

array (
    'db_host_name' => 'localhost',
    'db_host_instance' => 'SQLEXPRESS',
    'db_user_name' => 'xxxx',
    'db_password' => 'aaaaa',
    'db_name' => 'yyyy',
    'db_type' => 'mysql',
    'db_port' => '',
    'db_manager' => 'MysqliManager',

Then I can delete the database I created for the install.

Does this sound right?

Do even have to do the install? Can I just bring in the old config.php file? Or does the installer populate that file with some other stuff?

Somewhere there must be someone who has done a clean install using a current database?

By the way, what is the config_override.php file for? It has in it just this:

<?php
/***CONFIGURATOR***/
$sugar_config['passwordsetting']['onespecial'] = '0';
$sugar_config['SAML_logouturl'] = '';
/***CONFIGURATOR***/

Thanks.