Do meeting pop-up/email notifications work in SuiteCRM 7.2.1 MAX?

Hi All,

Can someone please confirm that they have both pop-up and email notifications for meetings working in SuiteCRM 7.2.1 MAX?

I’ve hammered away at this a fair bit and cannot for the life of me get it working. I’ve configured an outgoing email account, and sending a test message from SuiteCRM works fine. I’ve created a test meeting in SuiteCRM, and set both a pop-up and email notification for five minutes before the meeting commences. At the moment, I’m the only attendee, but even so sending a meeting invite email notification does work from within the new meeting dialogue in SuiteCRM. However, the meeting start date arrives and passes without any notification at all (pop-up or email).

I’ve disabled ad-blockers and pop-up blocking on in Firefox. I’ve confirmed my timezone in SuiteCRM is set correctly, and that the time on the server OS (Ubuntu Server 14.04) is also set correctly. The SuiteCRM installation itself is practically an out-of-the-box installation, with practically no customisation (add-ons or otherwise).

Any pointers here would be great.

Cheers,
Dave

Bumping this – there surely must be other folks who have got this to work? I’ve updated to SuiteCRM 7.3 and why this is not working as expected is a mystery to me. Any pointers or help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,
I think I am having the exact same problem. Using Chrome, but pop-up reminder does not work. However, I tried creating a dummy meeting and added myself again to the invitee list and email reminder worked just fine.
Will investigate more to see what happens.
Cheers

Thanks for the info – good to know it might not just be me. If you do manage to get this working please let me know (I’ll do likewise), and perhaps we might get a bit more feedback from other folks on the forum who can/cannot enable this.

Regarding email notifications I’ll take another crack at it (I might need to ask for your combination of settings if no joy).

Cheers,
Dave

Hi,
Can not get the pop-up to work, but the Email reminder for meetings works just fine. I have a “my meetings” dashlet in my dashboard, which shows the planned meetings and I think changes color if it is due. That is the next best thing for me as I like a double reminder, particularly for important meetings.
I find the automatic email options in Sugar rather loose to be honest. Would be nice to see if I am in the right track. Please keep us posted, Dave.

Cheers,
Mehdy

After an entire evening of tinkering with this, I believe I’m close to pinning down a reproducible phenomenon: if the SuiteCRM Dashboard is in focus, one doesn’t receive a notification of any sort.

On SuiteCRM 7.3.1, I’ve tested this by creating a test meeting and setting pop-up notifications for the meeting accordingly. If I’m on any page other than the Dashboard, I receive a desktop notification via Firefox 40 (albeit briefly). Also, the new notification icon in v7.3.x (green speech bubble icon in the global menu) turns red, and contains the meeting reminder in a dismissible prompt.

If I’m on the Dashboard at the time the meeting pop-up reminder is due, I consistently do not receive the notification.

This sounds whacky, but I’m pretty sure it’s the case. If you can help out with a sanity check it would be great.

Cheers,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Hats off for you, sir. I must say I had given up on this.

Do you have my meetings as a dashlet in your dashboard. Reason I am asking is that maybe it thinks, since you have the meeting appeared in the dashlet, you would not need a notification.

Again, thanks heaps for posting your findings.

Best,
Mehdy

Hi Mehdy

I’ve updated what to expect at: https://suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/6041-desktop-notifications#22582

I’ve tested this without the My Meetings Dashlet loaded, and the behaviour is the same. I’ll file a bug report for this, as one should really see notifications irrespective of what page is in focus in SuiteCRM.

This just leaves email notifications not working for me, but I’ll keep testing on this one.

Cheers,
Dave

To wrap this up, email notifications do work fine, but (in hindsight) do of course require cron having been set up – which I hadn’t done.

Cheers,
Dave

Thanks a lot, Dave.

I am a little confused now. Do you mean that the notifications only work for scheduled tasks? Or can I have them for meetings as well.

Regards,
Mehdy

Hi Mehdy,

Email notifications work fine with meetings, and I’ve tested just now for task assignment notifications which also works.

Cheers,
Dave