Customizing the History Subpanel

Anyone have experience with customizing the History Subpanel? I’m playing with the History/subpaneldes.php and the Notes/ForHistory.php, but I don’t seem to be making any meaningful impact on the actual display. I’ve attempted repair and rebuild after as well as restarting web server in case of memory caching.

What I would like to do is add another column which displays brief snippet of “Body” (Meeting,Note,Email,Task).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi. I don’t know (I don’t have that much experience with customizations) but I got some 2nd-hand pointers for you, let’s hope it’s enough to get you going:

• to change the fields showing you need to add them in the ForHistory subpanel of each module

• the module that defines the Headers is the Meetings module

• all of this is described in modules/Accounts/metadata/subpaneldefs.php
    so, there you will find the entire History subpanel definitions that apply in the Accounts list view.

This thread might also prove useful: https://community.sugarcrm.com/thread/18716 (EDIT 2021: this link is broken, and I couldn’t find it in web archives)
(but this is not coming from the same person that gave these tips, so it might not be the same approach).

Good luck and share your findings with us.