CSS not working after upgrade?

Guys, please don’t post about competitor CRMs here.

@dev77 I know who you are, and I know you’re just an honest user conveying an honest experience, but after you others will come here with fake user experiences just trying to market their products and get attention. So we shouldn’t allow these references here on the forums.

Furthermore, after helping hundreds of people to get their SuiteCRM installs working, I find it particularly unfair that this comes up in a thread about broken CSS, which is not SuiteCRM fault, it is a matter of sysadmin work, doing upgrades well, getting permissions right. SuiteCRM cannot be blamed if it can’t write files to your disk, because your operating system or web server is configured to block it.

I’m sure you understand. Thanks.

I 100% understand. Not my intention to promote but rather to save someone the hours I spent trying the mention. Feel free to delete my posts or I’ll be happy to edit them upon your request.

Thank you for your help PGR. You and Will are all over this forum and I appreciate you guys for it. Seriously.

Yes I do understand and you are right. I will happily delete my post about the other CRM if you wish… or you can do it.

I hang in here in the hope that SuiteCRM can become stable for me so that I could one day go back to it. There are very few host-it-yourself open-source CRM platforms out there anymore. Most are subscription based on servers I don’t control. I don’t want to pay a fee to host on another server when I have a perfectly fine server of my own (that cost me $2K a year at pair.com!) Thus, I hope that Suite can move past their problems and stabilize.

Thanks guys for your kind answers. I don’t think there’s any need to delete posts here in this thread, I’d just like to see future posts avoid posting about competitors. Thanks

Hi everyone, FYI, incase you are working on 7.11.12 and you have the theme suite p problem
the fix is exactly like above
just making it clear for cpanel users
and using google chrome :
you have made the change to ‘DAY’ and you have your css vanished … DONT PANIC a simple solution is on the way
click your back arrow… click

scroll all the way to the bottom and look for “DAY” or “DAWN” in a box, finding it reset it to Dawn
scroll a little further down then hit save… click all solved, you are back to Dawn
Now that you know how to resolve yourself to getting back, here are the solutions to getting Day and Night working.

open a New Tab :
Go and log into cpanel :
open file manager
then scroll to public_html … click
then to the installation directory … click
then to the directory “cache/themes/SuiteP … click
then to the directory “css” … click
now you will see 3 directories Dawn (777) , Day(755) and Night(755)
Set Day and Night to 775 by clicking right mouse then the popup shows up for change permission …
click …
the three columns, find group ( center one ) and click the write box … click … you are now at 775.

Now that you have done both Day and Night ( both read 775 ), go to your other tab for Suite CRM
and test to see if the Day or Night style is your thing.

You learned how to get back to Dawn & you learned how to set a file permission. That will solve this problem of what to do when your Theme is not loading or CSS is not working after the upgrade.