Create User or Employee button/anchor missing from user interface

Hi,
I am new to SutieCRM and so far I have found it to be very good. I am in the process of evaluating CRMs and my shortlist is basically down to SuiteCRM or vTIger (both born from Sugar!)

I have installed without any apparent issues and am up and running. There does however appear to be a problem with being able to create new users and/or employees.

I have searched through forums and Google etc and have tried the various solutions offered, Repair, rebuild, check permissions etc and none seem to have had any effect.

Digging in a bit deeper, I did find reference the correct URL for creating users …/index.php&module=user&action=editview and pasted this into the address bar and the page and ability to create a user worked.

Now, having been armed with the correct URL, I searched through the source code of the HTML and discovered reference to this URL close to the H2 title - USER. However it is hidden by the CSS selector with a display:none. Changing that, through the browser tools, to display: inline or block enabled the anchor to appear (plus a couple of other anchors).

Also, I would expect this anchor to appear in the left column, in the actionMenuSidebar div above the Recently VIewed items. Nothing is contained within this div.

Therefore a couple of questions:

1: Should the anchor alongside the H2 be visible? Why is it display:none?
2: Should there be an entry in the sidebar, like for other modules?
3: Am I missing other sidebar entries, in other modules, without me actually realising?

Thanks in advance for any pointers to resolving these issues.
Simon

I assume you’re using 7.10.3. If so, this is a known issue, it’s fixed and we’re anticipating the 7.10.4 release to early next week to fix this Issue. Sorry.

1 Like

Thank you. Yes I am. I shall await the patch next week.

If you’re in a hurry I think these are the changes you need to apply.

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/5660/files

Of course, backup any files before you change them manually.

Use the following link to fix your problem, after using it the problem disappear for good:

http://yourwebsite.com/index.php?module=Employees&action=EditView&return_module=Employees&return_action=DetailView