Create User from the CLI

Hey all,

Is there any command to create users?

I’m messing with the docker container and found the following code:

There is a function create_default_users() in suitecrm/install/install_utils.php:

function create_default_users()
{
    global $setup_site_admin_password;
    global $setup_site_admin_user_name;
    global $create_default_user;
    global $sugar_config;

require_once('install/UserDemoData.php');

//Create default admin user
    $user = BeanFactory::newBean('Users');
    $user->id = 1;
    $user->new_with_id = true;
    $user->last_name = 'Administrator';
    $user->user_name = $setup_site_admin_user_name;
    $user->title = "Administrator";
    $user->status = 'Active';
    $user->is_admin = true;
    $user->employee_status = 'Active';
    $user->user_hash = User::getPasswordHash($setup_site_admin_password);

$GLOBALS['current_user'] = $user;
    $GLOBALS['current_user']->save();

if ($create_default_user) {
        $default_user = BeanFactory::newBean('Users');
        $default_user->last_name = $sugar_config['default_user_name'];
        $default_user->user_name = $sugar_config['default_user_name'];
        $default_user->status = 'Active';
        if (isset($sugar_config['default_user_is_admin']) && $sugar_config['default_user_is_admin']) {
            $default_user->is_admin = true;
        }
        $default_user->user_hash = User::getPasswordHash($sugar_config['default_password']);
        $default_user->save();
    }
}

That makes sense to me. Is there any way I can call that from the CLI? I’m trying to be able to programatically create users without creating any new code snippets. Is there any way to do that, or should I be writing my own PHP script?

Method of creating user is right there two times. I don’t think you can call that file to create extra users.

You might need to create your own routine to create users using the methods on that file.

Also you could insert into DB directly.

If that’s the case, what type of framework would be needed? Can I just insert those lines or do I need various import or class definition or… something?

Sorry, I deal more with bash and ansible and python scripting than PHP application code, so while I can read the code, it’s hard for me to understand the framework and setting up that I need to do.

You might have a look at the way Robo tasks are structured, that’s the best way to add a command-line function to SuiteCRM. If ti works well we can add it in core.

Something like this:

There’s a couple of roadblocks so far. For one, the docker container doesn’t seem to have robo set up. For another, the robo.li documentation is giving me a 404.

I’m still trying to work through it, but those are some pretty tall roadblocks.

EDIT: I did find https://github.com/SKsample/Robo though.

EDIT2: Opened https://github.com/bitnami/bitnami-docker-suitecrm/issues/139 to address not being able to run robo in the container.

To address the first issue, I found

I am not sure how to sum up, but I’d say the Docs should probably be updated to say ./vendor/consolidation/robo/robo

7.10 upgrade "Composer autoloader not found" - #57 by pgr

Using that robo works.

Before I forget, here are my notes on how I was able to get this working:

So I need to use this robo like this:

$ vendor/consolidation/robo/robo create:user user10 testpassword true

This is with this file in lib/Robo/Plugin/Commands/CreateUserCommands.php:

<?php                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
/**                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
 *                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
 * SugarCRM Community Edition is a customer relationship management program developed by                                                                                                                                                      
 * SugarCRM, Inc. Copyright (C) 2004-2013 SugarCRM Inc.                                                                                                                                                                                       
 *                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
 * SuiteCRM is an extension to SugarCRM Community Edition developed by SalesAgility Ltd.                                                                                                                                                      
 * Copyright (C) 2011 - 2019 SalesAgility Ltd.                                                                                                                                                                                                
 *                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
 * This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under                                                                                                                                                              
 * the terms of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3 as published by the                                                                                                                                                           
 * Free Software Foundation with the addition of the following permission added                                                                                                                                                               
 * to Section 15 as permitted in Section 7(a): FOR ANY PART OF THE COVERED WORK                                                                                                                                                               
 * IN WHICH THE COPYRIGHT IS OWNED BY SUGARCRM, SUGARCRM DISCLAIMS THE WARRANTY                                                                                                                                                               
 * OF NON INFRINGEMENT OF THIRD PARTY RIGHTS.                                                                                                                                                                                                 
 *                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
 * This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT                                                                                                                                                                
 * ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS                                                                                                                                                              
 * FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Affero General Public License for more                                                                                                                                                               
 * details.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 *                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
 * You should have received a copy of the GNU Affero General Public License along with                                                                                                                                                        
 * this program; if not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses or write to the Free                                                                                                                                                                 
 * Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA                                                                                                                                                                     
 * 02110-1301 USA.   
 * You can contact SugarCRM, Inc. headquarters at 10050 North Wolfe Road,                                              
 * SW2-130, Cupertino, CA 95014, USA. or at email address contact@sugarcrm.com.
 *                                                                                                                     
 * The interactive user interfaces in modified source and object code versions
 * of this program must display Appropriate Legal Notices, as required under
 * Section 5 of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3.
 * In accordance with Section 7(b) of the GNU Affero General Public License version 3,
 * these Appropriate Legal Notices must retain the display of the "Powered by
 * SugarCRM" logo and "Supercharged by SuiteCRM" logo. If the display of the logos is not
 * reasonably feasible for technical reasons, the Appropriate Legal Notices must
 * display the words "Powered by SugarCRM" and "Supercharged by SuiteCRM".
 */                                                 

namespace SuiteCRM\Robo\Plugin\Commands;                                                                                                                                                                                                      

use DBManager;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
use Robo\Tasks;                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
use SuiteCRM\Robo\Traits\RoboTrait;                                                                                                                                                                                                           
use SuiteCRM\Robo\Traits\CliRunnerTrait;                                                                                                                                                                                                      
use Api\V8\BeanDecorator\BeanManager;                                                                                                                                                                                                         
use DBManagerFactory;                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
use User;                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

class CreateUserCommands extends Tasks                                                                                                                                                                                                        
{                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
    use RoboTrait;                                                                                                                                                                                                                            
    use CliRunnerTrait;                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

/**                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       
     * @var DBManager
     */
    protected $db;                                                                                                     

/**                                                                                                                
     * @var BeanManager
     */                  
    protected $beanManager;                           

/**   
     * @var array
     */                      
    protected static $beanAliases = [ 
        User::class => 'Users',
        OAuth2Clients::class => 'OAuth2Clients',    
    ];                 

/**
     * CreateUserCommands constructor    
     */                                   
    public function __construct()        
    {                                
        $this->bootstrap();                
        $this->db = DBManagerFactory::getInstance();
        $this->beanManager = new BeanManager($this->db, static::$beanAliases);
    }                     

/**
     * Creates a SuiteCRM user                          
     * @param string $username
     * @param string $password
     * @param string $is_admin
     * @return void
     */
    public function createUser($username, $password, $is_admin)
    {
        $count = $this->getNameCount($username, 'users', 'user_name');

if ($count > 1) {
            $this->io()->title('User Already Exists');
            return;
        };

global $current_user;
        $current_user->is_admin = '1';

$userBean = $this->beanManager->newBeanSafe(
            User::class
        );

$userBean->user_name = $username;
        $userBean->first_name = $username;
        $userBean->last_name = $username;
        $userBean->status = 'Active';
        $userBean->title = "Administrator";
        $userBean->employee_status = 'Active';
        $userBean->is_admin = filter_var($is_admin, FILTER_VALIDATE_BOOLEAN);
        $userBean->save();
        $userBean->setNewPassword($password, 1);

$this->io()->title('Successfully Created User');
    }

/**
     * Returns the number of duplicate name records from a table
     * @param string $name
     * @param string $table
     * @param string $row
     * @return int
     */
    private function getNameCount($name, $table, $row)
    {
        $nameQuoted = $this->db->quoted($name);

$query = <<<SQL
SELECT
    count(`id`) AS `count`
FROM
    `$table`
WHERE
    `$row` LIKE '$nameQuoted %'
SQL;

$result = $this->db->fetchOne($query);

$count = $result
            ? (int)$result['count']
            : 0;

$count++;

return $count;
    }
}

And the following files ammended next to ApiCommands to put CreateUserCommands:

• vendor/composer/autoload_classmap.php
  • vendor/composer/autoload_static.php
1 Like

FWIW, this is a really ugly script, and single-purpose. Feel free to take this and modify it, but I don’t think I’ll be submitting a PR for this unless there’s other use-cases or some serious cleanup done to make it nice and more extensible.