Contract product line items updated

Hello
Situation: I have Contracts with line items added from Products, the Product details like list price will be taken as well into the Contract line item
Problem: if I change the list price in Products, the same Product line within an contract would not be updated - how I could arrange that that all product line items in all contracts are updated ?

I was trying with an workflow, but without success so far

Your Ideas and Expertise would be appreciated

1 Like

I think this would need a bit of custom code, are you a developer?

unfortunately my php skills are only basic, therefore I tried with a workflow with the action “modify record” to update the product line items in the contracts with the according product line items, but I struggle to find the “contract-productlineitem-listprice” field to update with the “product-listprice” field in workflow action.

Not sure if the issue might comes from a) the contract-productline items are a subset table of Contracts or b) there is no relation between “contract-productlineitem” and “products” ?

This can be achievable by using logichook. because as contract is created it cannot be changed

So if you wish to change you need to manage it with logichook.

…seems quite valid, but before logichook: would it be possible to add an relationship from product to contract-product-items (e.g. one to many)?
If yes, will this bring the advantage that on product page the related contract will be listed? And might this way a workflow will be possible too?

Annother alternative, before try logichook, migth to take php and update in mysql directly?