{"content":" error on trying to add contacts, leads, opportunities

Hi,

I’ve just installed the latest version of Suite CRM and it went of well with a couple of warning messages nothing critical.

And upon logging in, can’t seem to add to any modules. Keep getting an undefined popup box with the error message (“Content”:"

Please help.

On further checking I discovered that the admin user created by the system during installation on editing defines
user type = system administrator user
with an undefined below it.

Could this be the reason and what do I need to do to rectify

If you are on a Linux system I recommend that you search the Forum for permissions as this seems to be related to this topic.

Before installing did you set correctly the permissions of your files and folders?
Once installed, did you edit the config.php file where the default_permissions are set?

After doing that you should also run Admin->Repair->Quick Repair and Rebuild (possibly a couple of times). When you do this remember to execute the Repair commands suggested at the bottom of the result page, if any.
Once done Quick Repair and Rebuild I suggest to reset permissions again.

You should also check the sugarcr.log file (you find it in the SuiteCRM main folder as well as the Apache/PHP log files

I am attempting to install it on hostgator and the installation requests I execute the following permission changes:

Set the following permissions on the SuiteCRM directory(Linux):

1. sudo chown -R www-data:www-data .
  2. sudo chmod -R 755 .
  3. sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

I was unable to do the first but the second and third I changed using filezilla’s chmod with recursive

However, I could not find any info regarding editing config.php’s default_permissions.

And when you suggest to reset permissions again, you’re suggesting I do the above second and third instructions right?

Sorry I’m totally new at this. And trying to give this a second go.

Thanks for all help extended.

For dir_mode and file_mode we normally recommend:

‘dir_mode’ => 1517,
‘file_mode’ => 420,

Your user and group may be different depending on your distribution,

I know people have in the past had problems with hostgators setup.

Ian.

OK.Take note of owner and group names. If they are numbers they may not work so ignore this part for the time being. Possibly you could find them from cpanel.

Filezilla is rather slow at doing this. If you search in my old posts you will find a script to achieve this. You have to upload this script in the SuiteCRM main folder and open it from the browser. The script has no display and it should take approximately 10 seconds to run. The script only sets the permissions. It doesn’t set owner and group. It was not written with nice code editing standards but it does its job.

Yes

In the main folder of SuiteCRM you will find a file called config.php.
Edit that file and search for:

'default_permissions' => 
  array (
    'dir_mode' => ,
    'file_mode' => ,
    'user' => ' ',
    'group' => ' ',
  ),

where it says dir_mode you have put the permissions for folders and for files (just write the numbers withot quotes, and inside quotes you have to put you user and group (if you don’t have it leave it blank and once yo have found it edit again the file and put them there.

There are various views on which permissions to set. The more restrictive they are, the less vulnerable is the sysem but at the same time there are ore chances of malfunctioning. While the less restrictive, the more vulnerable but less malfunctioning. This is your choice.
Most Admin members of SuiteCRM suggest that you use the following values:

'dir_mode' => 1517,
'file_mode' => 420,

Personally (although less secure) I use these:

'dir_mode' => 1533, // this figure is in decimals, while, if you prefer you can wrte in octal: 02775
    'file_mode' => 493,  // this figure is in decimals, while, if you prefer you can wrte in octal: 0755