Compatibility mode in suitecrm 8?

Where can i find the settings for compatibility mode in suitecrm8? i read that it can be configured for each view in each module but i could not find any configuration in Admin Area.

Hi @lenz1979 There currently isn’t a GUI for this. But you Can edit the following file:

config/services/module/module_routing.yaml

then
repair->rebuild in admin
./bin/console cache:clear from cli

Hope this helps :+1:

3 Likes

Hi @samus-aran

What if someone doesn’t have access to the cli ? Then how he is supposed to clear cache.
Also Is there any Extension file available for that? because editing in core files not recommended. it may be overwritten in upgrades.

Hi @brucemcIntyre

Two possible approaches to do this change in a upgrade safe way.

Option 1. Full module_routing.yaml override

1. create a file called extensions/<my-ext>/config/module_routing.yaml
  2. Copy the full content of core module_routing.yaml to the new file
  3. Do the changes you need

Option 2. Override just the modules you want

1. create a file called extensions/<my-ext>/config/module_routing.php
  2. Use php code to just update the entries you want, something like:
 <?php

use Symfony\Component\DependencyInjection\Container;

if (!isset($container)) {
        return;
    }

/** @var Container $container */
    $routes = $container->getParameter('legacy.module_routing');

if (!isset($routes['accounts'])) {
        $routes['accounts'] = [];
    }

// do the changes you want to routes accounts
    // $routes['accounts'] ...

//set the routes again
    $container->setParameter('legacy.module_routing', $routes);
1 Like

Hi @brucemcIntyre,

Regarding the question on how to clear the cache. If there is no access to the cli, the only option is to go to the cache folder and delete its contents. They should be re-generated on the next request.

1 Like

This helped - because it also helped me to track down an issue where it appeared that none of the front end customisations were being implemented. I was going into studio and adding custom fields but layouts weren’t changing. After some further investigations it turns out that my browser was caching the original pages and never updating. Once I cleared the server cache using this method and then cleared my browser cache, all was well!

Which rebuild option/s?

That’s usually the Quick Repair and Rebuild

In this context. I want the event detail view to show the subpanels of suitecrm 8. But after modifying in config/services/module/module_routing.yaml events record: true repair and run ./bin/console cache:clear the view preserves suitecrm-7 subpanels

Is this possible?

Thank you