"Column Chooser" not working when user assigned to role

I’m finding that the “Column Chooser” won’t work for users who are assigned to a role.

The menu comes up for them, but they cannot press the “Save Changes” button. This is despite the role being set to “All” accross the board for that module.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

Thanks!

It is always a good idea to let others know your version of SuiteCRM and PHP

Hi Broz, thanks for the reply.

Version 7.11.18
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)
php 7.4

I realised this is not associated with the roles, but in fact is because I switched on Advanced Filters / legacy search
(https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/advanced-configuration-options/)

So, switching this off means the column chooser works again.

Thanks, Mike

PHP 7.4 is not supported, it causes bugs. You should downgrade to 7.3.

Hmm, my CRM doesn’t seem to load when I set it to 7.3, :cry:

I’ll investigate.

You’re probably just missing some modules. I normally install using this:

apt install zip unzip php-mbstring php7.3-mbstring php-gettext php7.3-xml php7.3-zip php7.3-imap php7.3-gd php7.3-curl php7.3-intl php7.3-mysql php-gd phpmyadmin

Awesome - thanks for the tips, switched on the modules that you mention in my php selector in cPanel, thank you.

(it hasn’t fixed the original issue).

For the original issue, maybe you need to dig deeper and look for errors in the logs, and in the browser’s developer console.

That legacy option that you turn off to get it working - if you can compare logs both with and without that turned on, you can probably spot the issue.

For now I will just live without it! :slight_smile:

@pgr @BrozTechnologies @menness

We have suitecrm 7.13 and PHP 7.4 on Ubuntu 22.04 server. When we go to any module and click on column chooser (three vertical line icon). We get pop-up windows with Displayed and Hidden fields.

Issue is when we move any field from Hidden section to Displayed section and click on Save changes button at the button of pop-up screen. We are getting the below error on browser console screen and it is not working.

Please help to find out root cause for it and thank you in advance.

I have commented line 192 in the ListViewColumnsFilterDialog.tpl file. Now I am able to use ‘Column Chooser’.

File location - suitecrm/include/ListView/

Is it good idea to fix this in include folder?

Solution - Column Chooser - loosing settings after searching - #8 by rsp

hey @rsp you have another thread going about his. Should probably cross reference:

Thanks, I have added a link.