Changing on click compose email

Hi there,

My company recently started using emails in SuiteCRM, my colleagues made a suggestion and I was wondering whether such thing was possible.

When you enter an Account in detail view, you have an option to click on assigned email and if you do, it opens up a page to fill in details for an email to be sent, which is awesome. It also automatically assigns related to field so that the email is displayed in history panel.

On the other hand if you scroll down to Contacts subpanel, and click assigned contacts email and try to send an email this way, this is what I get:

I’m not entirely sure whether this is a bug or how it is suppose to function. The problem is that the emails are not saved in history if this is not set.

So my question is do you know any solution, or how to set this field automatically when clicking on an email.

Thanks in advance

Check the demo to see if the functionality is the same.

Also, please let us know your SuiteCRM version.

Okay, I can see that this is a feature, thank you for the clarification.

Is there a way for me to set it as related to the parent account immediately after clicking childs email address?

Apologies for not mentioning. SuiteCRM version is 7.11.15.

That can be done via workflows or via logichooks:

https://sugarclub.sugarcrm.com/explore/enterprise-professional/f/enterprise-professional-questions/3297/how-to-create-a-logic-hook-to-create-relationship