Changing colors

I want to start by saying thank you to everyone on this forum for being so helpful. I have read and learned through this portal.

I have successfully installed suitecrm 7.12 max but I am having a hard time changing the base color from #F10202 to another color for branding purposes.
Can someone please help me?

Thank you in advance for all your help

Hi there,

Have you navigated to Admin -> Theme Settings and changed the colours there?

Thanks,

Will.

Hello Will,

Thanks for replying to my post.

I tried that but its not taking effect, do you have any other recommendations.

Hi there,

Does the custom colour you add save? Try to change the top and bottom gradient colours to the same colour, and see if that overrides.

Thanks,

Will.

I changed the top and bottom of the theme settings to be all in all consistent with our logo but still nothing. See the attachment for details

Thanks in advance for your help,

Jeff

If you could please help me resolve this issue that will mean a lot. I’ve done everything I could think of

Thanks in advance/

I’ve just installed Suitecrm trough installatron and can’t change the color either.

Did you find a solution for this problem? Is there a particular file which should have write access in order to be able to change colors?

Hi guys,

This is most likely related to permissions issues.

What versions of SuiteCRM are you running?

Thanks,

Will.

I’m running 7.1.4 (Sugar Version 6.5.18 (Build 1110).

Another question: Is there a overview of changes that are going to be made in version 7.2?

Hi de Reus,

I would advise checking your permissions and setting as required(there are many topics on the forums on setting permissions for a variety of different environments).

In terms of what will be included in SuiteCRM 7.2, we create release notes for all SuiteCRM releases.

I’m having the same issue and I’ve seen the numerous posts about permissions and followed the instructions. It seems permissions is a consistent issue as there is conflicting information on settings and usually, unless you go 777 (which is not got security) the permission problems persist.

It would be most helpful if you could identify the file that the theme color settings modifies. I would expect it’s a CSS file. Which one?

Thanks!

Hi jcrist,

sudo chown -R owner:group .

sudo chmod -R 755 .

sudo chmod -R 775 cache custom modules themes data upload config_override.php

Thanks,

Will.

Doesn’t work. I’ve set these permissions long ago. Did it again to be sure. The question remains, what file is supposed to be changed to enact the color changes. I can then see if it is being modified and set permissions to 777 if needed to test to see if that makes a difference.

Hi jcrist,

themes/Suite7/css/colourSelector.php

Thanks,

Will.