Change module name / rename modules

Hi

I’m trying to rename a module, but I’m getting an error message: “There is no action by that name.”

I’ve tried editing a studio module and then use the ‘change module name’ button as well as using the ‘rename modules’ link in admin / developer tools. Both options result in the same error message.

Ultimately I am trying to copy an existing studio module, and its associated labels, fields, relationships, layouts and subpanels, then import it into the module builder so that I can customise it to my needs. I’d like to do this whilst leaving the original studio module intact. Is there an easy way of doing this?

Thanks

If you are copying a module like you have to add it to the beanList and module List in custom/Extension/application/Ext/Include folder for sugar to pick it up. I assume you have developer mode enabled? And have done a quick repair and rebuild?

In all honesty if you dont really know what your doing you would be better off just building the module in module builder and deploying it.

Developer mode is enabled and I’ve done a repair and rebuild, but the message remains the same.

I’ll freely admit that I don’t know what I’m doing, but I was hoping for a solution that would save me the time of rebuilding each element of an existing module when I just want to modify a few fields.

Thanks for your prompt reply.

copy the files over as you did and add the new module to beanList and module List arrays in the custom/Extension/application/Ext/Include folder, do a quick repair and rebuild and it should work.