Change Email sender

I have got some email problem. When I send email from my CRM system, the reciepent gets email from me not by my name but as email address. Like My name is Good Product Comp and email is info@goodcomp.com

I want that recipients gets email from Good Product Comp notfrom info@goodcomp.com

Hey,

I am able to get the Email “Sender” to show as the Name when sending via the System Outbound Mail:

However, It seems to show the Email address when sending via the (non-system) Outbound Account specified in the User’s Inbound Mail account:

Is that similar to what you're experiencing, by chance?

If so, it seems like the CRM is perhaps inconsistent in the way it builds the “Reply_to” or “From” values, depending on where they’re saved…

for example, the System Email values are formatted like:
(With the “Name” prepended onto the “reply_to” and “from” values)

Whereas the other Inbound/Outbound values are formatted like:
(With “from” simply being the Email address, with no prepended alias)

It looks like it retrieves these values in the file:
modules/Emails/EmailsDataAddressCollector.php
at line ~418

But, unfortunately, I’m not currently sure how/where it saves these values.

I would recommend raising it as a bug on the Github repo, if one doesn’t exist, for now
Unless another user is aware of a possible quick-fix, or something easily missed in the CRM to enable this?

Hello John
Thanks
You always the helping friend :slight_smile:

When I send any email to customers, they get email as my email address. But I want them to see as my company name. Is it a bug problem? Do you have same problem?

Hey there,

I’m not sure if its necessarily a bug, maybe more like “hasn’t been built this way”?
Although, i’m not well versed enough with the Email functionality to know for sure

I do see the issue when using a non-system Inbound/Outbound mailbox

However, it seems to be alright when I’ve selected “System” on my “Outgoing Email” when setting up my User’s Mail account:

(as a note: The “System” values are populated from the Admin->Email Settings area )

Do you get this issue if you select “System” too?
(User Profile->Email Settings->Settings->Mail Account->Edit/Add a Mail Account)