👋🏾 Looking to join our SuiteCRM Community Working Group? 💌 Open invitation throughout January. Check out all the details here 👈

Change Activities "schedule meeting" button label in Subpanel

Hey All, trying to change the “Schedule Meeting” button label to “Log Meeting” in the Activities Subpanel.

I’ve created a file in /custom/Extension/modules/Opportunties/Ext/Language/en_us.customactivities_activities_1.php

Like the following:

$mod_strings[‘LBL_SCHEDULE_MEETING_BUTTON_TITLE’] = ‘Log Meeting’;
$mod_strings[‘LBL_SCHEDULE_MEETING_BUTTON_LABEL’] = ‘Log Meeting’;

When I go to studio… Opportunities… Labels… I now see…

However, the front end remains unchanged!!! I did a quick repair and rebuild and flushed my cache. Any ideas what I’m doing wrong here?

I see the same label defined in other places, maybe try changing those…

https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/search?q=LBL_SCHEDULE_MEETING_BUTTON_LABEL&type=

Thanks @pgr ! I did try both the Activities module and the Opportunities module. Neither seemed to work. I haven’t tried the History yet. I thought that seemed unrelated, but I’ll give that a shot too and report back. Thanks again.

I think I know what the problem is: try Admin / Rebuild language files, and Rebuild JS stuff.

Thx @pgr I tried all the rebuild stuff. Still not showing on front end. Hmm. I got side tracked a bit on another project but spend some more time this weekend on it and report back. I also read your blog post on the subject and tried the methods there as well, replacing the entire language file in /custom/… that didn’t work either.

Check if the QR&R is picking up your changes and including them somewhere under

custom/modules/Opportunities/Ext/Language/

Another nice way to find where it’s going is to use something weird for the string:

$mod_strings[‘LBL_SCHEDULE_MEETING_BUTTON_TITLE’] = ‘zxcvbnm’;

then run a QR&R and grep your entire SuiteCRM root folder for it:

grep -irn zxcvbnm .

BTW, some more grepping also shows all the (many) places where the string “Schedule Meeting” appears:

10.0.0.201 | root /var/www/html $ grep -irnl 'Schedule Meeting' . | grep -v 'patch\|upload'
./language/en_us.lang.php
./install/demoData.en_us.php
./modules/Home/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/Charts/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/Activities/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/Calls/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/Leads/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/Users/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/Prospects/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/Tasks/Task.php
./modules/Calendar/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/History/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/Contacts/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/DynamicFields/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/Meetings/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/Help/language/en_us.lang.php
./modules/Emails/language/en_us.lang.php
./include/language/en_us.lang.php
./cache/modules/Home/language/en_us.lang.php
./cache/modules/Calls/language/en_us.lang.php
./cache/modules/Leads/language/en_us.lang.php
./cache/modules/Users/language/en_us.lang.php
./cache/modules/Prospects/language/en_us.lang.php
./cache/modules/Calendar/language/en_us.lang.php
./cache/modules/Contacts/language/en_us.lang.php
./cache/modules/DynamicFields/language/en_us.lang.php
./cache/modules/Meetings/language/en_us.lang.php
./cache/modules/Emails/language/en_us.lang.php
./cache/jsLanguage/Home/en_us.js
./cache/jsLanguage/Calls/en_us.js
./cache/jsLanguage/Leads/en_us.js
./cache/jsLanguage/Users/en_us.js
./cache/jsLanguage/en_us.js
./cache/jsLanguage/Contacts/en_us.js
./cache/jsLanguage/Emails/en_us.js

Try changing the string in some of those (including in the caches) until you find which one appears on screen. Then you can worry about which source file puts the string there…