Case without update within more than 24H

Is there possible to create the following workflow:

If a case receives no update after the last udptate, for example if a user stays more than 24 hours without adding information to a ticket that is assigned to him, the system sends an e-mail do this user telling him that he should update the ticket with a new information.

I´ve tried Case, DataModifield Greater than Data (Data Modifield) + 5 minutes.

I have attached the print shot of what I’ve done.

Could someone tell me if I am doing somethig wrong ?

Thank you

You would do Date Modified is Less than or Equal to Now - 24 hours.

Thanks,

Will.

Hi again Will,

I’ve change as you said…and I’ve waited 10minutes and nothing happened. I’ve configured 10 minutes to test…

is there something else I would need to do ?

Hi Will,

I am seeing this error in the log, can it be a problem?

Wed Apr 1 13:14:06 2015 [27177][-none-][FATAL] Configuration variable date.timezone is not set, guessed timezone America/Sao_Paulo. Please set date.timezone=“America/Sao_Paulo” in php.ini!

I"ve done right now I guess, but it still does not run!

Attchment!

In the printscreen the item is inactive, but I have activeted it, however the workflow does not run…

have I done something wrong this time ? please check the screen shot

Just to be sure if what I want it’s possible:

1 - user open a new case
2 - stays 24 hours without adding any updates
3 - The system will check that a case has no update and will trigger the workflow to send an e-mail
(in this case the system will generate an e-mail telling to the users automatically, without any intervention, every day the system would do that, is there possible ?)

I am thiking about that the workflow will only work if an action is taken, for example editing a case.

check your Admin>schedulers>Workflow and look at the log to make sure that workflow is running

Thank you salesagility, but yes, workflow is running for other jobs normally… I think is another issue, I will try to check logs if I can figure something out by my own!

Hi juniorccs,

You can do based on created date or modified date. More over you have to add additional condition “Resolution” Or “State” because you will receive mails after closed or fixed the issues.

If you run work flow each minutes then its good to unchecked “repeated run” because each minutes mails will trigger to assigned to, So if you want run repeated reminders then you setup work flow will execute in each 4 hours.

You can check work flow working or not
Work flow -> List view - > click any one record and go to detail view page --> check the sub panel “Process Audit” you find job executed successfully or not.

Hi balamuruganfloret…

If I understood well, the system won’t run by itself every 24hours for example to check all the cases which were not updated and trigger the e-mail, right ?

So I would need to have two conditions to make the workflow be triggered ?

I was thinking about this.

1. User create a case
  2. one day has passed and no updates were done to that case
  3. system check that there is case with no updated less or equal to 24hours and send the user a reminder
  4. Next day, again, no updates the user would receive an alert asking him to update the ticket.

Other workflows are running okay, for example when a case is: Closed, updated, created…etc!

Only when comes to calculate dates that I don’t see a logical conclusion, sorry by maybe I haven’t quite understood the equation with dates.

Thank your for your time!

I have posted the last configuration, in this way we won’t work, right ?

Hi juniorccs,

Find the attached screen shot,

1. First level of reminder:- This first condition should be executed. (Until resolution given)
  2. 2nd level of reminder -> resolution given but case not closed.

This two types of reminders should be executed in repeated (Daily basis)

Kindly let me know if any quires related on this.

Regards,

1 Like

Hi balamuruganfloret,

I haven’t find the attached screen shot…from your explanation I’ve tried to understand it, but it was not very clear to me how to do it.

Thank you in advance for your help so far!

Best Regards,

Hi juniorccs,

Find the attached screen shot,

1. First level of reminder:- This first condition should be executed. (Until resolution given)
  2. Sencod level of reminder -> resolution given but case not closed. (Write condition resolution on of "Some drop down values and “state is open”)

This two types of reminders should be executed in repeated (Daily basis)

Kindly let me know if any quires related on this.