Can't send e-mail

Hi pgr,

Thanks again for your input!

This is what the error log says (I realize I should have post this earlier, sorry for that):

Sat Apr 28 21:26:00 2018 [6259][cb2d0542-586d-d691-98cd-5a9570fccb9f][SECURITY] User NAME attempted to send an email using incorrect email account settings in which they do not have access to.
Sat Apr 28 21:30:05 2018 [4019][cb2d0542-586d-d691-98cd-5a9570fccb9f][SECURITY] User NAME attempted to send an email using incorrect email account settings in which they do not have access to.
Sat Apr 28 21:30:38 2018 [4315][cb2d0542-586d-d691-98cd-5a9570fccb9f][SECURITY] User NAME attempted to send an email using incorrect email account settings in which they do not have access to.
Sat Apr 28 21:31:10 2018 [4506][cb2d0542-586d-d691-98cd-5a9570fccb9f][SECURITY] User NAME attempted to send an email using incorrect email account settings in which they do not have access to.
Sat Apr 28 21:36:29 2018 [5478][cb2d0542-586d-d691-98cd-5a9570fccb9f][SECURITY] User NAME attempted to send an email using incorrect email account settings in which they do not have access to.

I donā€™t know why it says the account settings are incorrect, because theā€™re evidently not since the show the messages currently in my inbox. The outbound mailsettings are also 100% correct: the test message reached my mailbox flawlessly.

Do you want me to uncomment the suggested lines, try do send an email and then check the logs again for any additional information?

In some accountā€™s definitions screens, there is a checkbox to ā€œallow users to send email using this accountā€. Do you see that? Is it checked?

That did it! It works :woohoo:

Thanks a lot for your good insights! 1.000 kudoā€™s for you pgr!!

Reading through this thread, and I think itā€™s related to bug #5674 that was supposed to be fixed in 7.10.4 ā€“ am I correct that this is the same issue?

Iā€™ve been having the outbound personal email settings problem, too, and 7.10.4 didnā€™t fix it. (Neither did the reportā€™s steps involving editing and resaving.) Using the group outbound setting as a workaround is a tough one - because I need different team members to be able to send from their own email address, have the sent email show up in their sent folder in gmail if they look for it there, and not have everyone having access to send from each otherā€™s personal email accounts. I realize, from all the discussion about the email functionality in suitecrm, that the email functionality is a clunky challenge. This particular bug is such a hindrance to a very basic utilization of a crm, though. Is there anyone out there who has a temporary fix for the personal outbound sending issue? Even if itā€™s hardcoding a change?

Many thanks,

Scott

hi

could you contact my on skype i want to ask you about your work on suite crm
account name : farouk.ra2

I didnā€™t see anything in the release notes of 7.10.5 regarding this issue. Is this issue still being addressed? If so, by when can we expect a fix?

Which issue exactly? There are many different things here, and many different users. I have trouble helping out in these mixed threadsā€¦

Sorry for the confusion, Iā€™ve replied to the wrong thread.

I am referring to this issue, the ability to send e-mails from an e-mail address without specifying a corresponding inbound account:
https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/18795-e-mail-from-field#64975

For that, I know that the next sprint will focus on email issues. I hope that one gets solved since itā€™s quite important for many users.

Thatā€™s great to know, thank you very much. Is there any approximate ETA? It would be great if we could switch to SuiteCRM sometime in June.

Itā€™s possible, but it canā€™t be guaranteed, so make sure you have a plan B.

Mid-June is a likely date of release, but the actual date is influenced by how the tests goā€¦

If a fix comes up on GitHub, you can try applying it in your installation even before the official release. Keep an eye on any new PRā€™s related to emails in the next weeks.

I didnā€™t see anything related to this particular issue in the latest changelog:
https://docs.suitecrm.com/admin/releases/#anchor-7.10.7

Is a fix for this issue still on the roadmap?

EDIT:
I am referring to this bug:
https://suitecrm.com/suitecrm/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/18795-e-mail-from-field#64975

I guess this is your fix
https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/5774

Regards,

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out!

@SuiteCRMTeam: is there any chance for this fix to be included in the next maintenance release?

I donā€™t think thereā€™s a complete fix there, is there? I donā€™t see a PR attached to that Issueā€¦ :frowning:

But itā€™s High Priority, if there is a fix it will surely go in the next release; and if there isnā€™t a fix it will probably be looked at before the release, although there is some risk that, due to limited resources, a fix wonā€™t be possible in timeā€¦

this is the pr https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/pull/6183

1 Like