Cannot display subpanel on Employee Record

Linux CentOS 8, 7.4.29, mysql 7.4.29, and SuiteCRM 8.1.2

I need to display the notes module as a subpanel on the employee record screen. I have created the relationship with Users and the subpanel displays on the Users page, but I need it to display on the Employee record screen.

I have read so much documentation and so many forum posts and just cannot figure this one out. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @deamaree , after creating the relationship could you please try to create a .php file in custom/Extension/modules/Employees/Layoutdefs

The name can be whatever you want, like notes_subpanel.php

You could try to write this inside that file

<?php
$layout_defs["Employees"]["subpanel_setup"]['aos_quotes_notes_1'] = array (
  'order' => 100,
  'module' => 'Notes',
  'subpanel_name' => 'default',
  'sort_order' => 'asc',
  'sort_by' => 'id',
  'title_key' => 'LBL_USERS_NOTES_1_FROM_NOTES_TITLE',
  'get_subpanel_data' => 'users_notes_1',
  'top_buttons' => 
  array (
    0 => 
    array (
      'widget_class' => 'SubPanelTopButtonQuickCreate',
    ),
    1 => 
    array (
      'widget_class' => 'SubPanelTopSelectButton',
      'mode' => 'MultiSelect',
    ),
  ),
);

You can also try to copy the custom/Extension/modules/Users/Layoutdefs/<name_of_the_file.php> into custom/Extension/modules/Employees/Layoutdefs/<name_of_the_file.php>

THANK YOU SO MUCH! The first solution worked, the second did not. But, I am grateful for the information.

Ok. I managed to get the subpanel to show up, but it will not pull information from the database. It returns “Database failure. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details.” It appears correctly on the “User” screen, but not the “Employees” screen (where I need it).

Error log shows:
where notes.deleted=0 ): MySQL error 1054: Unknown column ‘users.id’ in ‘on clause’
Wed Jun 15 16:37:44 2022 [25970][1][FATAL] [ListView::processUnionBeans] . Database failure. Please refer to suitecrm.log for details.
Wed Jun 15 16:37:54 2022 [25982][1][FATAL] Mysqli_query failed.
Wed Jun 15 16:37:54 2022 [25982][1][FATAL] Query Failed: SELECT favorites.*
FROM favorites
JOIN config ON ( config.id = favorites.parent_id )
WHERE favorites.assigned_user_id = ‘1’
AND favorites.parent_type = ‘Administration’
AND favorites.deleted = 0
AND config.deleted = 0
ORDER BY favorites.date_entered DESC LIMIT 0,10: MySQL error 1054: Unknown column ‘config.deleted’ in ‘where clause’

Again, I have tried to find any source or documentation to help solve this with little success. Any help would be appreciated. Again.