Can I customize the layout and fields of the Create Contact page?

I would like to add custom fields and change the layout for when I add a new contact. i.e. I would like to have a Spouse field and a Social Security Number field as well as others when I create a new user. I know I can change the fields that exist to these but I need to have about 20 more fields to input information into. Is this doable through the /Studio/Contacts/Layouts/Edit_View/ section?? Thanks!

Hi Julian,

Yes, you can create all custom fields using Studio->Contacts->Fields and then add it your Edit, Detail and List View using Studio. It is doable :slight_smile:

Regards.

1 Like

Thanks hatimalam! I have created all of my custom fields through Studio->Contacts->Fields and I have changed the fields that exist in the Edit View layout and that is all peachy. The problem is that I need MORE fields than the Edit View layout has available. It seems like I should be able to drag and drop the custom fields that I created in the Studio->Contacts->Fields right into the Studio>Contacts>Layouts>Edit View layout where I want them but it doesn’t allow me to do it. Is there something I’m missing?

Hi Julian,

Are you getting any error while drag-drop(ing) fields to Edit View layout ? Please check your error log and also please check your browser console for any error.
I am not sure but if there are too many fields, it may fail to post that much data and if that is the case, you may need to add fields manually in editviewdefs.php file under custom/modules/<module_name>/metadata/editviewdefs.php

Please let us know if this helps.

Regards.

I’m not getting any errors. I’m able to drag and drop my custom fields onto the existing fields but I need to add more than what already exist. There are