Best method for multiple forms

I have at least 10 different forms that employees (nurses, doctors, pilots) will need to fill out on a regular basis and only be able to be seen by me. I’d also like to be able to generate each of these as a PDF document if needs be. I’m trying to figure out what the best approach would be to preserve a lot of the core flexibility and structure of the CRM, because a lot of the fields will have dropdown menus or be linked to other features of the CRM, such as the patients (contacts), etc, so person forms are probably not the best. Would creating a custom module for each of the forms be the way to go? Thanks in advance.

Based on your description, I will do custom modules. I extra functionality is needed, I will create LogicHooks to create records on other modules or to create relationships.

Thanks,

BrozTechnologies

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply! I figured that would probably be the best way. Do you know how I would generate a PDF for each form?

Have a look at the Surveys module, it might be helpful.

1 Like

After taking a look, I think the surveys module is a brilliant solution for me since it has such a rich field customization feature, which is what I need.

I’d like to extend the Print and Email PDF feature from just Accounts, Contacts and Leads into Surveys or any other custom module that I make as well.

Do you think this would work:

1. Edit pdf_template_type_dom dropdown and add MyModule (Surveys/custom module) as value
  2. Add custom code for button in custom/modules/MyModule/metadata/detailviewdefs.php
    […]
    array (
    ‘buttons’ =>
    array (
    0 => array(‘customCode’ => ‘’), […]
  3. Create custom/modules/MyModule/views/view.detail.php with the proposed two lines of code:
    require_once(‘modules/AOS_PDF_Templates/formLetter.php’);
    formLetter::DVPopupHtml(‘MyModule’);
  4. Reolad and overrided cache for module ajaxUI ( ctrl+f5 ) on module url

I don’t know how much work it is to extend the PDF function to other modules.

I remember a tutorial to add it to custom modules:

It has a few more steps. Adding it to the Surveys module might be easier (it’s not a custom module, it’s in Core).

Good luck - if you can pull it off please come back here and leave us a small tutorial! Thanks

Sounds good. I’ll give it a try and report back.

Well, I think I’m going to have to abandon the survey method although its field features are great because they can’t be filled out internally within the CRM; it only generates links. Also, the answers can’t be edited after submitting. I’ll be building custom modules for the forms, which I believe there is already a tutorial on as far as PDFs, so I may not have any new value to add but I’ll post my results regardless.

If person module is not you look for, and wish to have a seperate module and create webform for those custom module. You either need to

• Customize by creating a webform accessed by entrypoint and save the value in custom module. Requires Coding knowledge
  • Figure out of the default Webform works and twist it to support your custom module.
  • Or search for some solution that could be available in SuiteCRM store