Automatically link mail to existing contacts

Hello again,

I want to automate step 3 in this process:

1. Employee receives new mail from, or sends new mail from outlook to, an existing contact
  2. SuiteCRM pulls new mail using IMAP
  3. Employee needs to open mail in SuiteCRM and import it manually for it to show up in the contacts history

SuiteCRM should be able to do this easily, as it has all the required information available. It would just need to check the mail address for any existing contacts (or accounts, leads, etc.), and put in the association.

I understand that this functionality is already there for group mail accounts with the “Import Emails Automatically” checkbox.

I was not able to produce the wanted behavior with workflows (maybe because of lacking experience).

One approach I can think of is to set up the employee’s personal mail accounts as group mail accounts, and configure the permissions so the users can only access their own group mail account. What are the downsides to this approach?

Happy to read your thoughts about this.

Hi @philm ,

1. Employee receives new mail from, or sends new Email from outlook to, an existing contact

Answer:- You can use BCC Archive/ Email Archive Plugin for sending email from any device and it will automatically sync in the SuiteCRM.

2. SuiteCRM pulls new Email using IMAP

Answer:- Yes you also can set multiple IMAP settings using the plugin.

3. Employee needs to open mail in SuiteCRM and import it manually for it to show up in the contacts history

Answer:- The email received on the inbound email address will be automatically attached to the appropriate customer history.

Example:- Suppose one of your valuable clients shares an email with you and at that time you are using your mobile phone. You can reply to the client from the mobile platform. And the conversation will be saved in your CRM software. All you have to do is just use bcc-archive@yourdomain.com (just example) in either BCC, CC, or From and even email subject or body.

Check more information here:- https://store.outrightcrm.com/blog/introduction-to-bcc-archiving-how-this-plugin-is-great-for-communication/

Hi philm
did you find a way to automate Step 3 ?

I did not get around to that yet, but we are planning to use one of those plugins for that:

Official SuiteCRM Outlook Plugin
SuiteCRM Enterprise-Class Outlook Plugin