Anyone using Twilio with SuiteCRM?

I am interested in getting several of the features Twilio offers to work within SuiteCRM. Wasn’t sure if anyone had any success with any out of the box solutions or if anyone has one they have tweaked? I am not a developer but rather more of an end user but I am trying to understand as much as I can about SuiteCRM/SugarCRM and integrations. The SMS functionality and click to call are my biggest priorities at this moment.

Thanks in advance to the SuiteCRM team. If more of the world (or least my profession,Law) were as cooperative, the world would be a better place.

Cheers,

Bert Diener

Hi Bert,

Apologies for the historic reply…have you looked at intregrations such as Rolustech Twilio VOIP Integration?

Thanks,

Will.

We tried when we were running suiteCRM on a Wamp server and it didn’t work. We are now running our instance on an Apache server and are going to try again. I would love to share what we learn and hope if anyone else has feedback they will contribute as well. Have you tried Will?

Hi Bert,

If I get time, I will set up a test instance and try out the Twilio integration.

Thanks,

Will.

1 Like

You will have infinite gratitude.

Will,

We are getting many errors. Any chance you can help?

Your SuiteCRM friend,

Bert

We have installed the twilio plugin into SuiteCRM. So far it is only working one way. I am considering having a plugin written that incorporates the rest of the functionality from twilio. Just FYI.

Hi, I am new to suitecrm and no experience with php. I am trying to add the twilio module ( https://www.twilio.com/docs/libraries/php ) . Just can’t see to add via the module loader. Any instructions would help greatly.

Regards,
Taylor.

Unfortunately, you’ll need a lot more knowledge of PHP if you want to try to use the library Twilio provides. The SuiteCRM module loader is really intended to load plugins and not code libraries. That said, there is an SMS plugin on the SuiteCRM store that seems to support Twilio and touts easy configuration. May want to look into it: https://store.suitecrm.com/addons/sms-addon

1 Like