After Upgrade to 7.10, email is fetching blank page

Hi

After ugrading to 7.10, sevel modules create/ edit page is just fetching blank page. specially in email and email template. Is there permission issue. while upgrade it didnt give me any error

Thanks,
dipak

Can you please check both your logs to see if there are any ERROR or FATAL messages there?

I am having the exact same problem. No errors in the logs. The All>Emails is completely blank for 7.10. Previous version (7.8.3) from which I migrated shows the emails.

It’s very strange not to have any errors in both of those logs…

What about browser javascript errors in the Developer console, do you see any?

Posting console logs of both versions when Email module is loaded.

Version 7.10
Sugar Version 6.5.25 (Build 344)

SEC7115: :visited and :link styles can only differ by color. Some styles were not applied to :visited.
index.php (1,1)

HTTP404: NOT FOUND - The server has not found anything matching the requested URI (Uniform Resource Identifier).
GET - http://local.binfer.com/crm/themes/SuiteP/fonts/UyBMtLsHKBKXelqf4x7VRQ.woff2

HTTP404: NOT FOUND - The server has not found anything matching the requested URI (Uniform Resource Identifier).
GET - http://local.binfer.com/crm/themes/SuiteP/fonts/ObQr5XYcoH0WBoUxiaYK3_Y6323mHUZFJMgTvxaG2iE.woff2

2 CSS3119: No fonts available for @font-face rule
fonts.css (37,7)

CSS3121: The media query -ms-viewport has been deprecated.

3 HTML1523: Overlapping end tag. Tags should be structured like “b>i>/i>/b>” instead of “b>i>/b>/i>”.
index.php (274,229)

2 HTML1508: Unmatched end tag.
index.php (366,25)

Version 7.8.3
Sugar Version 6.5.24 (Build 509)

HTML1300: Navigation occurred.
index.php (1,1)

SEC7115: :visited and :link styles can only differ by color. Some styles were not applied to :visited.
index.php (1,1)

CSS3121: The media query -ms-viewport has been deprecated.

SEC7113: CSS was ignored due to mime type mismatch
colourSelector.php (1,1)

5 HTML1508: Unmatched end tag.

Upon further testing, even marketing modules are not working. The email marketing template also fails to load.

We are rolling back to 7.8.3 which is very stable. I recall trying to upgrade to 7.9 and 7.8.15 in the past, and they all failed. Looks like stuff after 7.8.3 is either not very stable or incompatible.

Is 7.10 going to be backward compatible and stable for production use? It appears to have too many bugs to have been generally released. Looks very good though.

Don’t assume a certain version has “many bugs” just because you got broken upgrade on your system. I have seen many things in these forums, and the installations are very diverse, so it could be broken permissions, bad file ownerships, umask problems, .htaccess problems, cronjobs running as a different user, problems with sticky and setUID bits, corrupt indexes, corrupt databases, failing disks, …

7.10 had 3 Beta and 2 Release Candidates. Literally hundreds of upgrade tests were made internally for these version increments.

So, I’m not saying there is nothing to fix now - there clearly is a problem with the 7.10 upgrade process, only it’s proving extremely hard to diagnose because we’ve never seen it happen on our tests. But it’s probably just ONE fix, not many, to get the product to reasonable levels of stability and robustness, i.e. to match the previous versions.

I am waiting to see an upgrade fail in my own tests, or for someone with a broken system to tell me “here it is, I’ll give you access credentials, have a look at it”. Sigh …

I hear you. I will keep the sandbox with 7.10 on for some more time. Unfortunately, it is a local install and I cannot give external access to anyone. If I can help debug this issue in any way by running tests, verifying any patch fixes, or sending specific logs, then do let me know.

Btw, I am running this in a WampServer Version 3.1.0 64bit.

1 Like

I have the same issue with 7.10.1 (white email in detailview) but find the following FATAL error message in sugarcrm.log:

Exception in Controller: Expected header Date to comply with RFC882 or RFC2882, but actual is “Fri, 23 Feb 2018 16:29:06 +0100 (CET)”

I don’t think the Date header is wrong in any way.

See https://github.com/salesagility/SuiteCRM/issues/4802 for the date issue.