Advanced Searches - Contains rather than Begins with?

Hi there!

I was wondering, is there any search customization within SuiteCRM that allows for searching through modules using contains for text rather than begins-with?

Say I am searching for cases which contain a certain keyword, not necessarily at the start, is there a way to do that? Seems like it should be an obvious feature!
:huh:

Thanks!

Patrick

Have you tried advanced search within Cases module? Also you can use the wild card % for searching specific word within a content, for example I want to search the word module in this very post I’m writing so my search would be like %module%

Best regards

You can use the percent symbol (%) as a wildcard.

For example, if in a field you have the following values:
Charles Darwin
Charlie Sheen
Eloise Sheen
Gareth Danbar
Renée Sands

If you want to search all records with the second word starting with S or s you would use:
% s%
or, alternatively
% S%
(note the space after the first percent symbol)

The results will be:
Charlie Sheen
Eloise Sheen
Renée Sands

If you want to search all records with “Sheen” as the second word you would use:
%sheen%
or, alternatively
%Sheen%

The results will be:
Charlie Sheen
Eloise Sheen

Hey thanks Mike!

The wild card syntax was what I needed. Just a suggestion, but having some sort of settings option for this would be awesome!
Maybe a dropdown with “Begins With”, “Contains”, “Whole word”, ect…

Remembering to put in the % sign is another thing I need to train my users to do :wink:

Check this post https://suitecrm.com/forum/suitecrm-7-0-discussion/7547-searching-in-fields#33294

Best regards

Sweet. that works!

Thanks again.